Anyone familiar with Pure X cues?

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
hxtc13-32905-1528331194-500-750.png

I'm thinking about getting a Pure X cue for playing on the road (while I'm not working) that will stay in my car most of the time. They have a lifetime guarantee....including against warpage. I'm just wondering if anyone else uses one and what they think of it.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I'm thinking about getting a Pure X cue for playing on the road (while I'm not working) that will stay in my car most of the time. They have a lifetime guarantee....including against warpage. I'm just wondering if anyone else uses one and what they think of it.

Pure X cues are some of the best value production cues on the market. With the warranty, low-deflection technology, aesthetic appeal, and economical price point, they are hard to beat.

I have sold quite a few Pure X cues, and I use the HXT1 for my own personal jump/break. It just might be the best jump cue that I've ever used, which is not typical for a jump/break. Typically, jump/break cues are decent breakers, and reasonable for jumping, in a pinch. However, that is not the case with this one. At 18 oz, I felt that it was mediocre as a break cue. I bumped the weight up to 20 oz, and it is now quite comparable to my previous breaker, a 19 oz Predator BK III.

As far as playing cues go, there are several options available. All offer low-deflection technology. I truly believe that you won't be disappointed in the feel of the hit or the quality.

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have recommended these cues to a few newbies and have found them to be a good value in that price range. A good choice for what you are looking for.

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
Well then I guess for under $200 I can't go wrong. It comes with a kamui soft tip on a 11.75 mm shaft too. Thanks to you all for the help.

Last edited:

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Get a Schmelke. Just as good if not better than a Pure X and made in the USA. You can pick up a sneaky in the low 100's and it would be a perfect car cue.