15.4 KB · Views: 544
  • Eufemia's signature(2).jpg
    Eufemia's signature(2).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 557

STORMINORMAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mike eufemia

mike had a heart attack while playing an exhibition against bob haywood in new london ct. on oct 8, 1978 iwas in attendance. he just started the straight pool match fell onto the table then on to the floor and was pronounced dead.,. he was playing w/ a rich cue but not this particular model., not to say he never had..

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the signature is "branded in", it's not considered a signature as far as autographs go.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mike had a heart attack while playing an exhibition against bob haywood in new london ct. on oct 8, 1978 iwas in attendance. he just started the straight pool match fell onto the table then on to the floor and was pronounced dead.,. he was playing w/ a rich cue but not this particular model., not to say he never had..

I am from NY- but lived in Ct for some time- was he at the
Crown Billiards in New London when this happened? I left CT because of the traffic, the taxes, and the winters. If he traveled from Queens NY to New London CT in 2016 the traffic on I95 would have given him a heart attack before he reached the pool room! Mike could really run balls in practice and exhibitions!

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This was my first cue, the Eufemia signature. It was the cue I usually used from 1969-76. Wish I still had it.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael Eufemia cue

A confluence of my enthusiasms! I am a Rich family aficionado and a champion of Ziggy. I have one of these as well.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the signature is "branded in", it's not considered a signature as far as autographs go.

True but in this case they aren't making any more of them so I don't think the stamped signature impacts whatever value the cue has. Kind of like the Hoppe cues.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will never forget being on a business trip to Miami in 1993 and wandering down a lonely street in south beach area- looking up and seeing the "STAR" Cue Company sign on that old building. It was purely accidentaI! I entered an almost twilight zone world when I walked in and saw the shop and the MAN- Abe Rich himself! We talked for about an hour and I commissioned a SP from him. He was really not all "with it" by then, though, he had scraps of paper with orders everywhere and it seemed like he was not really filling many of them. I did return 9 months later and did get an SP from him- but it was not exactly the one I requested. I think he charged me only $50 or so and I also bought a Kolpin cue case from him. He was so proud that Kolpin was an American company and that they had made gun cases for years of great quality. I remember it was a wooden garage like structure - not sure how long he kept that place open since the mid 90s when I visited. Really nice guy to talk with about cues!

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it is an Abe Rich from the earlier Florida company in Miami, not Star Cue in Miami Beach.