CTE pivot

no80s

I'm having trouble executing the correct pivot, I know about something called the shot circle and how the cue tip should arc along it, But it can't be applied practically to the table, It's only good in showing theoretically what is the correct pivot should look like.
So for 1/2 ball CTE users in here, what goes on in your head or imagine as you make the pivot, Where are you gazing at?, The OB?, The tip of the cue?, What do you see as you pivot that makes you arc perfectly.

Really hoping for some help

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I'm playing with this a little my self & on certain shots it is dead on & for others it's off plenty. When I say it, I mean MY execution of it. I assume the arc you are reffering to is the arc based on the butt being stationary & the tip arcing into center cue ball. The problem is, that you can't really do that if you put your bridge hand down. It then has to pivot on the bridg hand. So, I'm working on doing it the way I compensate for squirt on english shots, which is a little front hand & a little back hand. It seems to work better but not enough to play with it yet. Dr. Dave has a link on the aim forum that says you need to pivot differently for diffent level of cuts, such as thick, thin. & very thin. That's a little much to remeber for me as an aiming thing. That is more like a shooting method for different shots. I hardly practice but I think I'm going to work on one, the thick til I get it down, then move to the thin, & then the very thin. I'm doing this because I've gotten to be a pretty slow player since my eye accident & I think this might speed me up once I get down pat, if I get it down pat. I hope this helped you a bit.

PS My two(2) handed thing is, instead of doing it from center cue ball out for english, I'm doing it from cue edge to center for the CTE. If You have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

champ2107

Banned
i would help you but im still a bit angered on how AZ handled all this aiming stuff and im not yet willing to help AZ Billiards members out.

Last edited:

americanfighter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm having trouble executing the correct pivot, I know about something called the shot circle and how the cue tip should arc along it, But it can't be applied practically to the table, It's only good in showing theoretically what is the correct pivot should look like.
So for 1/2 ball CTE users in here, what goes on in your head or imagine as you make the pivot, Where are you gazing at?, The OB?, The tip of the cue?, What do you see as you pivot that makes you arc perfectly.

Really hoping for some help

are you using CTE or Pro1?

champ2107

Banned
he is not a cre/pro1 users, he is looking for information on the 1/2 ball pivot system. Not hard to learn at all, its a pretty basic system and gets you close to the contact point. Busty's uses this system i believe.

Last edited:

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would help you but im still a bit angered on how AZ handled all this aiming stuff and im not yet willing to help AZ Billiards members out.

To my knowledge all they did was set up a specific forum for aiming and that, seems to me, simplifies the acquisition of info. I am experimenting with CTE and will not even try Pro1 until my success ratio with CTE is a lot higher than what it is. I would gladly take instruction if I could find anyone in So. Calif who fully understood it and had mastered the execution of CTE. But unfortunately I can find no one in an area that has 22 million people who can do the above.:confused:

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
I had the same problem when learning CTE myself. Some shots were nowhere near the pocket while others were center pocket.
I will more than likely be the position of your V in your bridge in relationship to the Cue Ball.
If your able to do the following;
Chalk line the CTE line from the object ball to the Cue ball, this will remove any guess work, as you slide in to the Cue Ball make sure the V in your bridge is on or just to the side of the CTE line in the direction that your pivioting. If you play around with this you'll start to understand why the object ball drops and why it doesn't.
The V in the bridging position is not very well explained in any CTE info I've found however, CTE it won't work unless everything is millimeter exact. Hope it helps.

champ2107

Banned
op needs to realize that every pivot movement is identical when using the 1/2 ball system but the cue will always be pointing into a unique spot into space for every shot, it is his positioning behind the balls that makes the difference. The cte system that gets you closest to perfect positioning behind the ball mechanically is cte/pro1 by Stan.

Now when you get to a high level of pool, these systems all get thrown out the window and the best player that day wins. this is something certain people on here do not understand.

Last edited:

americanfighter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
op needs to realize that every pivot movement is identical when using the 1/2 ball system but the cue will always be pointing into a unique spot into space for every shot, it is his positioning behind the balls that makes the difference. The cte system that gets you closest to perfect positioning behind the ball mechanically is cte/pro1 by Stan.

Now when you get to a high level of pool, these systems all get thrown out the window and the best player that day wins. this is something certain people on here do not understand.

i don't know if it is that the systems go out the window as much as it is that it becomes 2nd natural to the players who see the lines and where to come in that they don't have to go through the methodical process.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I don't like putting words in anyone's mouth but what I think Champ means is that there are many other variables that determines who wins or loses on a particular day. Many of which have nothing to do with an aiming system.

i don't know if it is that the systems go out the window as much as it is that it becomes 2nd natural to the players who see the lines and where to come in that they don't have to go through the methodical process.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

:thumbup:

Exactly :)

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No player will ever master aiming!

A major aspect of cte pro one is objectivity.

Anyone that fully engages in cte pro one should continue to improve and refine their aiming skills for years or even decades. The level of play should not matter.

A cte pro one player will always aim with CB EDGES and use the right and left movements in arriving at their tip position at the CB.

The process becomes very automatic and subconscious but the simple aspects of arriving at a shot line carry on.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

champ2107

Banned
No player will ever master aiming!

A major aspect of cte pro one is objectivity.

Anyone that fully engages in cte pro one should continue to improve and refine their aiming skills for years or even decades. The level of play should not matter.

A cte pro one player will always aim with CB EDGES and use the right and left movements in arriving at their tip position at the CB.

The process becomes very automatic and subconscious but the simple aspects of arriving at a shot line carry on.

Stan Shuffett

When you say "a major aspect of cte pro one is objectivity" you are saying a player will always have edges and aim points for aiming? This is a big benefit for me because i do not play much pool during the summer and when i do play, i can get in stroke quick because the visuals always place me in almost perfect body alignment for the shot and i just have to pretty much just worry about the glitch in the stroke that seems to happen every few shots lol

Now how do you see a guy like stevie moore continue to improve and refine his aiming skills Stan? do you mean becoming more consistent?

Last edited: