Predator Revo Custom

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw their going to be making the Revo we can use on our cues. Very interesting...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw their going to be making the Revo we can use on our cues. Very interesting...
They said from the start that once production #'s were up they would offer various joint options. They better 'cause most of the other cf shaft makers already do.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might be in on a 3/8-10 or 5/16-14 flat faced version of a revo.

I've reverted from my custom cues back to my old 4K2 with a Z2 on it. I'm just more accurate with it on long shots, but damn if the custom cues don't feel a million times better.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Ad spot mentioned lighter shafts, but that seem to imply 3.5oz was the lightest, which still seems a little heavy. The Ad didn't mention tip diameters or length though, which either means it's not happening or the Ad script was written without insight into the average pool world. A 3oz 30" 11.75 is on my radar, but no blips.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A 3oz 30" 11.75 is on my radar, but no blips.

Ok let's do some simple math for the shaft you're looking for...
3 oz = 85,02 gramms. I've got a cf tube 30" long recently for some experimenting and its weight is 50 gramms with wall thickness 0,9 mm at the tip end and 1,25-1,3 mm at the joint end. I don't think Revo c.f. blank is significantly lighter. So 85 - 50 = 35 gramms that is how much is left for the phenolic insert at the joint end (if you want unilock insert in there add 10-11 gramms more). I guess you'd like it's filled with some foam but not the air so to feel better while shooting but in reality forget about it if your preference is 3 oz shaft...

Last edited:

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok let's do some simple math for the shaft you're looking for...
3 oz = 85,02 gramms. I've got a cf tube 30" long recently for some experimenting and its weight is 50 gramms with wall thickness 0,9 mm at the tip end and 1,25-1,3 mm at the joint end. I don't think Revo c.f. blank is significantly lighter. So 85 - 50 = 35 gramms that is how much is left for the phenolic insert at the joint end (if you want unilock insert in there add 10-11 gramms more). I guess you'd like it's filled with some foam but not the air so to feel better while shooting but in reality forget about it if your preference is 3 oz shaft...

.5oz (down from the advertised 3.5) is a lot in such a small area for a shaft, but yes, it would depend on the filler _if_ used. Should be doable without the filler, but I can imagine the design structure becomes much more complex.

Of course, what does shooting with a hollow c.f. actually feel like? I'm not too sure it would feel much different.

But yes, probably not coming anytime soon. I like light but long cues. Looking at Go-Custom, a 69" cue at 15oz should be somewhere around the limit Go-Custom is advertising with all c.f. (if they made a 40" butt, unlikely). Of course I'm in no way accurate enough to shoot with a 15oz, so the problem of adding a weight bolt chamber could come into play (but you could print a heavy ABS adapter, but that would limit it's position within the cue).

I don't know though, honestly, would shooting with a hollow c.f. shaft be much different? I'm starting to lean towards the opinion it wouldn't... much.