Who is the best instructor in the US?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan Shuffett

In my opinion, Stan Shuffett is the best instructor in the USA.
He is the all time, non-stop, BOSS of transferring the knowledge of correct pool playing.
As well as being able to do it himself.
:thumbup2:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
He is the all time, non-stop, BOSS of transferring the knowledge of correct pool playing.

Didn't know he was a full time teacher. I have heard he took a year off to write a book or something. A teacher should teach. Rather have a teacher that is there when you need him (her).

Last edited:

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan is great!!

I didnt see you in one of our classes.

randyg

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do we have a Pool Instructor HOF. We should, Scott and Randy for all they do and how they do it.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In reality there is no "best instructor". There is just the right "best instructor", for the student, at the right time and place. There are many that fit the definition of "best instructor", even several that weren't mentioned in this thread. I have always been the type of instructor that encourages their students to seek out opportunities to work with other instructors...some of them pro players, and some pro instructors. There are very few that fit both catagories, but Tony Robles is a stand out example. A top professional player, a top instructor, a great league operator & tournament director...and most important, a great family man! Tony has the kind of character that inspires many people, and I am honored to call both he and his wife Gail, friends!

Most here are familiar with Randy Goettlicher, 2018 PBIA Instructor of the Year, whom I personally consider the best instructor money can buy...anywhere! He is also a high level competitor, and national champion. Other examples include my friends, and fellow instructors Joe Tucker, and David Sapolis (whom many of you know as Blackjack). Both great players with extensive knowledge and competitive experience, I've recommended students to them many times.

One of the newest top instructors in the USA is my friend and fellow instructor, Lance Cowles. Lance will officially be a PBIA Master Instructor this year (the quickest in PBIA history!). He already has the knowledge and skills, and posts here as Bossman69. He's also taught with several other prominent instructors, including randyg, Jim Baker, Mark Finkelstein, Denny Stewart, and myself. Take your game to a new level, no matter what game that is...and if 1-pocket is your desire, he is an extremely capable player and instructor. He will teach you moves you never thought of. He also does excellent cue repair work (all of Seybert's custom work), in his own shop in Battle Creek MI. You can also find him at Cuesports of Battle Creek on FB. He will also be at the DCC later this week. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

chas1022

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best instructor is the one that you can understand what they are teaching and relate to. It might be a coach or it might be a Pro. I have tried different approaches and I like someone like Jim Rempe. He has knowledge about all the games and how to explain certain things that only a Pro can like Varner,Segal, etc. can. I personally have received my best coaching from people that have played the game at a high level.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
for me
robin dreyer is the best in the country
http://www.robindreyer.com/

Yes, I agree. I hope Robin Dreyer gets to write his books. Amazing to watch him with his rail shots, forced follow, double kisses, etc. These and others are his alone. I love spending my time with him. A pure genius. If you're ever in the NW, be sure to give him a call. robindreyer.com