Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue and shaft reviews
Reload this Page meucci carbon fiber shaft feedback wanted

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
meucci carbon fiber shaft feedback wanted
Old
  (#1)
r.roach@att.net
AzB Silver Member
r.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond reputer.roach@att.net has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

meucci carbon fiber shaft feedback wanted - 06-01-2019, 08:40 AM

i see Meucci now has a carbon fiber shaft. anyone using one. i like the idea that you can order length, joint size, and 12.75mm ferrule. how does the Meucci rate against Revo, Jacoby,and Cuetec? and would an APA SL6 see that much difference between the CF shaft and a Jacoby Ultra wood shaft? any imput will be greatly apprieciated. thanks

my cues: Custom Jacoby 60" "Black-Bushka", Jacoby 60" S.P., Jacoby 60" Edge custom break cue, cases: JB 2x3 Rugged, Instroke 1x2.

Old
  (#2)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2019, 09:26 AM

Meucci changed the sizes this past month. Don't think you can any longer order the 12.75mm. The 3 new sizes being offered are 11.75, 12.1 & 12.4mm. They did this due to Meucci player rep feedback and the customers constantly nagging about the 11.75mm.

I had a 12.25mm radial pin 30" that I bought at the SBE. Shaft plays well and feels the closest to wood than the other brands. I'd recommend it, however, I planned on ordering the 11.75mm after I sold my 12.25 but decided against it and came to the conclusion to go back to my Revo for good.

I tried 4 other brands besides and always go back to Revo because I just feel more confident with it. I'm so used to the all black now and no ferrule, all the others just messed with my site the tiniest fraction.

Old
  (#3)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member

RickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
Meucci changed the sizes this past month. Don't think you can any longer order the 12.75mm. The 3 new sizes being offered are 11.75, 12.1 & 12.4mm. They did this due to Meucci player rep feedback and the customers constantly nagging about the 11.75mm.

I had a 12.25mm radial pin 30" that I bought at the SBE. Shaft plays well and feels the closest to wood than the other brands. I'd recommend it, however, I planned on ordering the 11.75mm after I sold my 12.25 but decided against it and came to the conclusion to go back to my Revo for good.

I tried 4 other brands besides and always go back to Revo because I just feel more confident with it. I'm so used to the all black now and no ferrule, all the others just messed with my site the tiniest fraction.
Where did you see them offering the Meucci CF shaft in 11.85mm? I checked their site and several other sites and saw no such offering.

Player: Predator LE 5 w/ Cynergy shaft
Break Cue: Predator BK Rush
other stuff

Old
  (#4)
gregnice37
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

06-01-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
Where did you see them offering the Meucci CF shaft in 11.85mm? I checked their site and several other sites and saw no such offering.
They are available if you call them, but you can order one today on Bob's daughters site. Also appears they have 12.75mm in stock as well again.

https://www.budgetcues.com/meucci-ca...IaAqIdEALw_wcB

Old
  (#5)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member

RickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 06-01-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
They are available if you call them, but you can order one today on Bob's daughters site. Also appears they have 12.75mm in stock as well again.

https://www.budgetcues.com/meucci-ca...IaAqIdEALw_wcB
Thanks Greg. Just ordered one.

Player: Predator LE 5 w/ Cynergy shaft
Break Cue: Predator BK Rush
other stuff

Old
  (#6)
gregnice37

06-01-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
Thanks Greg. Just ordered one.
Good stuff

Old
  (#7)
Birk1
AzB Silver Member
Birk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond reputeBirk1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1950

06-01-2019, 08:40 PM

I have one. On a BMC Pro 1 cue.

Plays very very well. Stiff with no deflection and generates a ton of power and spin.

I am trying to get used to it vs the standard Pro shaft.

Ryan (loooong time cue collector that has gone simple life to a meucci last year)

Name: Ryan

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: