Cynergy 15K Shaft
Old
  (#1)
EagleSoar
AzB Bronze Member
EagleSoar is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Cynergy 15K Shaft - 06-03-2019, 11:24 AM

I have an Omen cue. Does anyone know how the Cynergy 15K shaft fits on Omen cues? The pin is 3/8 x 11. Also would like to know how they hit on the Omen butt and would like to know if there are better butts to match that particular shaft in order to get a better hit, etc.

Old
  (#2)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-03-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSoar View Post
I have an Omen cue. Does anyone know how the Cynergy 15K shaft fits on Omen cues? The pin is 3/8 x 11. Also would like to know how they hit on the Omen butt and would like to know if there are better butts to match that particular shaft in order to get a better hit, etc.
So the "better hit" thing, there is no such thing really. There is what YOU like and what YOU don't like. It's like saying which is better, vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Some like one, some like both, some like neither. But there is a good chance that what they think would not match what you think.

The Cuetec CF shaft has a hit feel closer to a standard LD shaft. Which to me means it's not worth getting it unless you want one to try a CF shaft vs a normal LD wood shaft for $150-200 less. If the CF shafts were made to react and feel like normal shafts, there is not much benefit to them.

I played with a Cuetec both a unilock and a radial cue, like the radial hit better. But I like the REVO and the Mezz CF shafts better than the Cuetec shafts since to me they feel like actually something new and different with more energy transfer to the cueball and a different hit feel.

I mean would you ask for a turkey sub but then ask them to make it taste like roast beef? Why not just get the roast beef in the first place? I feel the same way about people that look for a CF shaft that performs and feels like their current shafts or cheaper wood LD shafts.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 06-03-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Old
  (#3)
EagleSoar
AzB Bronze Member

06-03-2019, 06:23 PM

Thanks for your reply. You make perfect sense. will have to try someone's cynergy shaft before i make decision on getting one. thanks again, Tom

Old
  (#4)
S.Vaskovskyi
AzB Silver Member
S.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond reputeS.Vaskovskyi has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2019, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSoar View Post
Thanks for your reply. You make perfect sense. will have to try someone's cynergy shaft before i make decision on getting one. thanks again, Tom
Here is my experience and review on Cynergy shaft. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=494470
I don't think you will find any wooden LD shaft with the same performance. I'm also sure you very unluckily see Revo or Ignite in a 3/8-11 joint option soon. You ask the questions that are really hard to answer because it's so subjective. Try to find possibility to hit with one. Good luck.

Playing cue: 62" full spliced player I''ve built for myself
Break cue: made by myself

"Live and learn...and have fun"

Old
  (#5)
croscoe
Looking to Improve
croscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2019, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
So the "better hit" thing, there is no such thing really. There is what YOU like and what YOU don't like. It's like saying which is better, vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Some like one, some like both, some like neither. But there is a good chance that what they think would not match what you think.

The Cuetec CF shaft has a hit feel closer to a standard LD shaft. Which to me means it's not worth getting it unless you want one to try a CF shaft vs a normal LD wood shaft for $150-200 less. If the CF shafts were made to react and feel like normal shafts, there is not much benefit to them.

I played with a Cuetec both a unilock and a radial cue, like the radial hit better. But I like the REVO and the Mezz CF shafts better than the Cuetec shafts since to me they feel like actually something new and different with more energy transfer to the cueball and a different hit feel.

I mean would you ask for a turkey sub but then ask them to make it taste like roast beef? Why not just get the roast beef in the first place? I feel the same way about people that look for a CF shaft that performs and feels like their current shafts or cheaper wood LD shafts.
Unless you consider no minor divots, that can be a pain to remove. Cleaning that doesn’t require slow loss of diameter of the shaft. Or quick loss if the cleaner uses sand paper.
Haven’t seen my CF Cynergy warp as humidity levels change either.

Last edited by croscoe; 06-04-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Old
  (#6)
EagleSoar
AzB Bronze Member

06-04-2019, 11:12 AM

Thank you for your reply

Old
  (#7)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-18-2019, 10:44 PM

I only hit a few balls with one the other day, but I thought it hit good.

My friend had one on a Meucci butt.

It was nice and smooth to the touch, also.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: