Old
  (#76)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-12-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
I know it's flawed, but I'm making a point. There is NO city, and I mean no city in Germany, Austria, Switzerland or other "nice" countries in Europe that has a single city that has 2,000 shootings in one year. See the point now?

Those liberal strongholds are making the rest of us look bad

So, let me rephrase the statement since you don't seem to like it. If we eliminated our big liberal city shit holes, the US murder rate would very low and would rival that of many countries around the world... so the US is not dangerous, just select shit holes.
How is Shitcago doing?

dumluk

Old
  (#77)
ENGLISH!
AzB Silver Member
ENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond reputeENGLISH! has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-12-2019, 01:47 PM

I have not read any of this thread but the Part of the OP.

If you take out the 7 of the Democrat run cities of the U.S we fall to in the bottom 3rd. for gun violence.

Nations such as Japan are a Blade Type 'Culture'. They kill more with blades.

Statistics can be used to give any impression that the one using them wants to give.

That is taught in Statistics 101.

During WWII the Emperor of Japan wanted to invade the American Mainland... that is until an Admiral reminded him that We have a rifle behind every tree. Those guns stopped an invasion without a single shot being fired from them.

Leftist 'Governments' have killed about 200 MILLION of Their OWN Citizens when those Citizens resisted being enslaved even after those 'governments' has "DISARMED" those Citizens.

The Founding Fathers out in the The Right to Keep & Bear Arms that Shall NOT be Infringed upon to be a potential safeguard Against Tyranny.

There is ONLY one real reason that any Political Party would want to disarm law abiding Citizens.

I do not know the Statistical Ratio of Gun Criminals to Gun Owning Non Criminal Citizens but I would bet that it an 'Astronomical' Ratio.

The Need & Good of the Many outweigh The Need & the Good of the Few.

I have never owned a gun in all of my 65 years but what happened today & The Democrat party are 'pushing' me to get at least two(2).

A Scene from The Hustler... https://youtu.be/mUxLZWWRKUI

Old
  (#78)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post
I have not read any of this thread but the Part of the OP.

If you take out the 7 of the Democrat run cities of the U.S we fall to in the bottom 3rd. for gun violence.

Nations such as Japan are a Blade Type 'Culture'. They kill more with blades.

Statistics can be used to give any impression that the one using them wants to give.

That is taught in Statistics 101.

During WWII the Emperor of Japan wanted to invade the American Mainland... that is until an Admiral reminded him that We have a rifle behind every tree. Those guns stopped an invasion without a single shot being fired from them.

Leftist 'Governments' have killed about 200 MILLION of Their OWN Citizens when those Citizens resisted being enslaved even after those 'governments' has "DISARMED" those Citizens.

The Founding Fathers out in the The Right to Keep & Bear Arms that Shall NOT be Infringed upon to be a potential safeguard Against Tyranny.

There is ONLY one real reason that any Political Party would want to disarm law abiding Citizens.

I do not know the Statistical Ratio of Gun Criminals to Gun Owning Non Criminal Citizens but I would bet that it an 'Astronomical' Ratio.

The Need & Good of the Many outweigh The Need & the Good of the Few.

I have never owned a gun in all of my 65 years but what happened today & The Democrat party are 'pushing' me to get at least two(2).
Great post English...
P.S.You should get three.In the realm of objectives that should take care of all distances....

Last edited by hitman22; 06-12-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Old
  (#79)
dbgordie
Keyboard Warrior
dbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGLISH! View Post

I would recommend a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun with a speed feed stock. Load the tube with double OO buck (-1, leave room in the tube for one more shell), load the speed feed stock with slugs. If you need to be more accurate then throw in the slug. Distance is great and the universal sound of it racking will make anyone butt pucker. Also, get a pistol, maybe a .45 ACP. Don't worry about the kick. Adrenaline will take care of it. JMHO

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

An old timer at work once told me... "Opinions are like assholes and elbows, everybody has one, some people have two."

AKA Noah Buddy

AZB Member #108686

Last edited by dbgordie; 06-12-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Bad grammar

Old
  (#80)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

06-13-2019, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Good choice of examples - it shows that when gun saturation drops by half from the
upper end, gun murders drop by 90% - clearly the effect is cumulative and critical at the
upper end, like in the US. Even after that the correlation is clearly visible: less gun
ownership = less gun violence.

What do you think a correlation is?

pj
chgo
There is a book about this topic. Perhaps you recall it.

More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws, Third Edition
(Studies in Law and Economics) Third Edition
by John R. Lott

I have read this excellent book and highly recommend it.
It is written by odd looking bright person. John Lott

It is a popular and well written book and is now in its third
edition.

Paperback $10, or borrow it from your library.

https://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Les...s%2C155&sr=8-2

Old
  (#81)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

06-13-2019, 07:00 AM

What is not being considered is the situations where guns were used.

Gang related shootings, mentally unstable people, home invasion, armed robbery and a few more.

There appears to be the hidden belief that if one owns a gun, they will use it for volience......to kill someone without reason or just cause.

There is no proof that gun ownership causes one to become violent. If it did, there be a lot more shootings.

Nope, the whole gun debate is about votes.

Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: