Jacoby "Black"
Old
  (#1)
jtip
Jtip
jtip is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Cool Jacoby "Black" - 03-01-2019, 01:36 PM

Huge Thanks to Elliott Sanderson for hooking me up with my new Jacoby Black shaft. Deal went smoothly and the shaft plays even better. Comparing to my Revo 12.9... it has a more solid hit and feel, the taper is awesome, it's even quite while stroking vs the Revo. I've played with 12.75 Samsara true shafts for the past couple years and the deflection is a hair less, the diameter being 12.3 will take a small amount of time to adjust to, but I feel will only help straighten out my stroke in the end. I'm not a fan of Kamui tips, but even so it plays great. Once my favorite "techno-dud" tip is on...I might have found my final all time favorite cue!

Old
  (#2)
BigBoof
AzB Silver Member
BigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond repute

03-01-2019, 01:41 PM

Can you tell me what the joint diameter is? I'm looking to use one on a non-jacoby cue.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
jtip
Jtip
jtip is on a distinguished road

03-01-2019, 02:33 PM

.846 inch, I'm playing mine on a Samsara. It's slightly bigger at the joint. .840 of Samsara. But barely noticeable against the black phenolic joint. Again...the hit is amazing. Going on almost 3 hours straight with it. Can't put it down.

Old
  (#4)
juvecoop
AzB Bronze Member
juvecoop is on a distinguished road

03-19-2019, 07:06 AM

Any new update on this shaft? I just sold my Revo 12.4 and I'm now looking at either this or the Cuetec 15K. How do you find the deflection compared to the Revo? And is the core of the Black Wood?

Just traded My Revo 12.4 for a 2nd Mezz ProEx plus $$$
Old
  (#5)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
Just traded My Revo 12.4 for a 2nd Mezz ProEx plus $$$ - 04-01-2019, 02:26 PM

Just traded My Revo 12.4 for a 2nd Mezz ProEx plus $$$.
The Mezz ExPo plays better in my humble opinion.

Have to change my sig. photo!

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Old
  (#6)
Sean Hallett
AzB Silver Member
Sean Hallett is on a distinguished road

04-04-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvecoop View Post
Any new update on this shaft? I just sold my Revo 12.4 and I'm now looking at either this or the Cuetec 15K. How do you find the deflection compared to the Revo? And is the core of the Black Wood?
I would also really like to know how the deflection compares to a Revo

It's all about the Jacoby
Old
  (#7)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
It's all about the Jacoby - 04-12-2019, 12:36 PM

Ultra Pro Shaft!
Shoots better then my Revo 12.4 and my Mezz ProEx!
All those laminations give it the action of a Revo, but still feels and looks like wood!
I've played with them all from the coveted 80's Micarta to the Revo 12.4
1. Jacoby Ultra Pro
2. Mezz ExPro
Tie between Revo 12.4 & Tiger ProX.
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: