Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue and shaft reviews
Reload this Page My experience with 7 carbon shafts so far
Page 2 of 6 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
travislj
AzB Silver Member
travislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-24-2019, 12:36 PM

I will probably get some limited time with them at the super billiards expo this coming week.

Old
  (#17)
wrickyb
AzB Silver Member
wrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond reputewrickyb has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislj View Post
I will probably get some limited time with them at the super billiards expo this coming week.
Come by Booth 802 and try the Becue shafts or Cues. Six different joints, three different lengths and three different diameters over two different tapers. More Choices!! Ricky Bryant USABecueOfficial@gmail.com 574-320-2438

Old
  (#18)
travislj
AzB Silver Member
travislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickyb View Post
Come by Booth 802 and try the Becue shafts or Cues. Six different joints, three different lengths and three different diameters over two different tapers. More Choices!! Ricky Bryant USABecueOfficial@gmail.com 574-320-2438
I plan to come by there also.

Old
  (#19)
ImaPoolnut
I'm just a PoolNut

ImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond reputeImaPoolnut has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I have recently started playing with carbon shafts. Here is my opinion, hopefully it will help some of you out deciding.

Jacoby Black Uniloc - Did not feel as good as the radial. Had more of a ting, similar to the revo sound. Joint diameter was .847 instead of .840 like most your uniloc shafts / joints. That kinda bugged me that the shaft was bigger. Played probably 30-40 racks with this shaft.

Jacoby Black Radial - Felt great, very similar to the cynergy. good hit & sound. I only played a couple racks with this shaft at their booth at the derby.

Cynergy Radial - My favorite at this point. I really like the hit, feel & sound of this shaft. I did change the tip to a G2 soft, but the factory sniper wasn't bad either really. I think I prefer the radial over my uniloc version of this shaft, but marginally. I do like the white ferule also. I have played several hundred racks with this shaft fwiw.

Cynergy Uniloc - Same as what I said about the radial version above. Several hundred racks with this shaft also.

Revo Radial 12.4 - Shoots good, less of the ting sound with this revo compared to the uniloc 12.4 & 12.9 (factory tip) I have played a couple hundred racks with this shaft also. My favorite of the 3 revos i have played with.

Revo Uniloc 12.4 - Shoot good. Kamui soft tip. not to much difference from the radial above. Maybe just a tad more of the ting sound. Maybe a hundred racks with this shaft.

Revo Uniloc 12.9 - Shot ok, Kamui soft tip. I would say this shaft sounded more hollow than the others. Still not a bad shaft by any means, just my least favorite. Couple hundred racks with this shaft.

I hope this helps some of you who are looking to buy these shafts. If you have questions I will try my best to answer. As of now my favorites are both Cuetec Cynergys & the 12.4 predator radial revo. (Not really enough time with the Jacoby radial to have much of an opinion).
I just wanted to add to your comments regarding the CF shafts you had the opportunity to play with and ask you if you've had a chance to try the new Meucci CF Pro shaft yet?

I've only had minimal exposure to any of the top CF shafts out there. Hit a few balls with someone else's cue or at a trade show and never could say I liked the feel of any of the most popular shafts. I'm actually on a waiting list for a Revo and also was looking into the Jacobi when I got word about the Meucci CF Pro shaft.

I own a large collection of Meucci's so I thought this would be a good opportunity for me to try their CF technology on some of my favorite cues that unfortunately have a ton of deflection in them.

I ordered a 31' Pro Tapered CF Pro with Medium Kamui and I must say right off the bat that this is by far the best playing shaft I've ever had the pleasure of shooting with. Now I can say it's going to feel and play that way on every cue you try it on because I tried it on about 5 Meucci's that have a similar joint radius as the size I ordered and cue hit well but wasn't until I introduced it a 1980 80-6 Meucci and it was like a match made in heaven.

The balance with the long shaft is extraordinarily comfortable and the extra stroking area of the Meucci Pro taper on a 31' shaft makes for the most pleasurable cueing experience I've every enjoyed in over 30 years of playing pool.

Now as far as the performance of the shaft which is equally as important as to how comfortable the shaft feels, it's a game changer IMO. I recently acquired a few beautiful Tony Guerra cues with very low deflection shafts and I really thought that was a game changer. My game increased 15-20% shooting with a stiffer, very low deflection cue. I guess I just learned to acclimate to a high deflection Meucci shaft after all these years and now that I had something that produced more reliable results I was hooked. The Meucci CF Pro shaft appears to have no deflection and you simply aim and shoot straight and the darn cue ball goes exactly where you hit it, no squirm, no slight roll or tendencies, just as straight as an arrow.

Now when you couple the most comfortable shaft along with dead balls on accurate hitting capabilities I'd say we have a good bingo here.

Here's the best part....I've been on a Seybert's waiting list for months for the Revo shaft and it's 23% higher priced, made in China and because I wanted an odd joint (a Modified 3/8X10, what's so odd about that) I had to wait multiple shipments from China before they get to this order.

From Meucci, I waited less than 3 weeks, shaft was made in the good old USA and I paid 23% less than the Revo or other comparable shafts that take months to order.

I give this shaft a 9-10 only because I don't think any shaft should cost more than $200 tops. That's any wood, ring work, tip, ferrule or manufacturer IMO.

However for the simple fact it's made in the USA, it's the least expensive CF shaft on the market, you can get it in less than a month and Bob will match any ring work for $15 and they'll make it in any pin configuration out there I highly recommend this shaft to any player out there not just Meucci owners.

..ImaPoolNut, that's how I roll!

"Shoot pool Fast Eddie! I'm shootin Fats, when I miss you can shoot!

Playing: 35yrs
Gear:
Too much to list...Primary weapons by Tony Guerra
Games: 1Pocket, 14.1, Rotation, 8-Ball
Favorite Players: Worst, DiLiberto, Sigel, Strickland, Reyes, Pagulayan, Van Boening, Orcollo

Old
  (#20)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoolnut View Post
I just wanted to add to your comments regarding the CF shafts you had the opportunity to play with and ask you if you've had a chance to try the new Meucci CF Pro shaft yet?

I've only had minimal exposure to any of the top CF shafts out there. Hit a few balls with someone else's cue or at a trade show and never could say I liked the feel of any of the most popular shafts. I'm actually on a waiting list for a Revo and also was looking into the Jacobi when I got word about the Meucci CF Pro shaft.

I own a large collection of Meucci's so I thought this would be a good opportunity for me to try their CF technology on some of my favorite cues that unfortunately have a ton of deflection in them.

I ordered a 31' Pro Tapered CF Pro with Medium Kamui and I must say right off the bat that this is by far the best playing shaft I've ever had the pleasure of shooting with. Now I can say it's going to feel and play that way on every cue you try it on because I tried it on about 5 Meucci's that have a similar joint radius as the size I ordered and cue hit well but wasn't until I introduced it a 1980 80-6 Meucci and it was like a match made in heaven.

The balance with the long shaft is extraordinarily comfortable and the extra stroking area of the Meucci Pro taper on a 31' shaft makes for the most pleasurable cueing experience I've every enjoyed in over 30 years of playing pool.

Now as far as the performance of the shaft which is equally as important as to how comfortable the shaft feels, it's a game changer IMO. I recently acquired a few beautiful Tony Guerra cues with very low deflection shafts and I really thought that was a game changer. My game increased 15-20% shooting with a stiffer, very low deflection cue. I guess I just learned to acclimate to a high deflection Meucci shaft after all these years and now that I had something that produced more reliable results I was hooked. The Meucci CF Pro shaft appears to have no deflection and you simply aim and shoot straight and the darn cue ball goes exactly where you hit it, no squirm, no slight roll or tendencies, just as straight as an arrow.

Now when you couple the most comfortable shaft along with dead balls on accurate hitting capabilities I'd say we have a good bingo here.

Here's the best part....I've been on a Seybert's waiting list for months for the Revo shaft and it's 23% higher priced, made in China and because I wanted an odd joint (a Modified 3/8X10, what's so odd about that) I had to wait multiple shipments from China before they get to this order.

From Meucci, I waited less than 3 weeks, shaft was made in the good old USA and I paid 23% less than the Revo or other comparable shafts that take months to order.

I give this shaft a 9-10 only because I don't think any shaft should cost more than $200 tops. That's any wood, ring work, tip, ferrule or manufacturer IMO.

However for the simple fact it's made in the USA, it's the least expensive CF shaft on the market, you can get it in less than a month and Bob will match any ring work for $15 and they'll make it in any pin configuration out there I highly recommend this shaft to any player out there not just Meucci owners.
Revos are NOT made in China. I asked Predator directly and was told ALL Revos are made in their plant outside Boston. The butts ARE made in China at same factory that makes Lucasi, Universal and Players.

Last edited by garczar; 05-06-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Old
  (#21)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Revos are NOT made in China. I asked Predator directly and was told ALL Revos are made in their plant outside Boston. The butts ARE made in China at same factory that makes Lucasi, Universal and Players.
You are correct.

A person would HAVE TO HAVE a "motive" to make a claim like that, knowing that all it takes is a phone call to find out.

Like you, I called and ask but, I ask someone that I know personally. I've known him for over 3 decades and he had absolutely no reason to lie and wouldn't even if he knew it would benefit him. He's a very honest person, so much so....lol.....he couldn't make a living on a car lot due to being honest....lol.

He told me they are made in the same plant you spoke of.

If I owned a "huge collection" of "anything".....lol.....the last thing I would want is to see it lose value.

Its extremely hard for anyone to say they don't care about the market etc...etc... when they have a LOT invested and CLEARLY care about it. When someone does that, to me ....it makes them "SEEM" dishonest. That doesn't mean they are but, it sure does make them "SEEM" that way.

Then again, typed words online by a stranger are very hard to "read".....pun intended.

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had plenty of money, I would probably lose more often.

Old
  (#22)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
You are correct.

A person would HAVE TO HAVE a "motive" to make a claim like that, knowing that all it takes is a phone call to find out.

Like you, I called and ask but, I ask someone that I know personally. I've known him for over 3 decades and he had absolutely no reason to lie and wouldn't even if he knew it would benefit him. He's a very honest person, so much so....lol.....he couldn't make a living on a car lot due to being honest....lol.

If I owned a "huge collection" of "anything".....lol.....the last thing I would want is to see it lose value.

Its extremely hard for anyone to say they don't care about the market etc...etc... when they have a LOT invested and CLEARLY care about it. When someone does that, to me ....it makes them "SEEM" dishonest. That doesn't mean they are but, it sure does make them "SEEM" that way.

Then again, typed words online by a stranger are very hard to "read".....pun intended.
I was told by Predator directly. Have no clue who this friend is or where he got his info. I for one do not believe the person from Predator was lying to me.

Old
  (#23)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
You are correct.

Can you find out from this friend if they ever plan to release 11.8mm please?

Old
  (#24)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
I was told by Predator directly. Have no clue who this friend is or where he got his info. I for one do not believe the person from Predator was lying to me.
The person you spoke to at predator told you the same thing I was told. They are still made in the same plant outside Boston.

Old
  (#25)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

05-07-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
Can you find out from this friend if they ever plan to release 11.8mm please?
They did a 11.8 prototype a while ago. He said it would definitely happen but.......WHEN, that's the one thing he couldn't answer.

From what I was told, they are trying to reinvent the revo to have a ferrule-like "look" without actually having a ferrule. After that, I believe the different diameters, lengths and more pins will be in revos future.

Old
  (#26)
mister__p
AzB Silver Member
mister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond reputemister__p has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvecoop View Post
I just sold my 12.4 because of the ting and taper. I test hit with a radial Black shaft over the weekend and fell in love it, taper and no sound. But if the uniloc has a ting to it I’m not sure I’d want it anymore. Was it a prototype still? But I have been debating between the Black or Cynergy.
The Cynergy is the most natural CF shaft I have used/owned to date. You can literally pick it up and use it and your game will not suffer nor will you find yourself cringing about anything ( noise, feel, tip, joint, finish ). It's close to perfect except that the deflection is not as low as the Revo but it's close enough.

Old
  (#27)
gregnice37
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

05-08-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister__p View Post
The Cynergy is the most natural CF shaft I have used/owned to date. You can literally pick it up and use it and your game will not suffer nor will you find yourself cringing about anything ( noise, feel, tip, joint, finish ). It's close to perfect except that the deflection is not as low as the Revo but it's close enough.
See everyone definitely varies. I've tried about 7 myself and I absolutely hated the Cynergy. Even tried a tip change. It's the only CF shaft I've sold so far.

Old
  (#28)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

05-08-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
See everyone definitely varies. I've tried about 7 myself and I absolutely hated the Cynergy. Even tried a tip change. It's the only CF shaft I've sold so far.
I'm with you.

People that like the 15k shaft would be better served to buy a LD wood shaft.

Less money, more or less same sound and feel.......only thing they would give up is:

It's not CF.

Old
  (#29)
Mirza
AzB Silver Member
Mirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond reputeMirza has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
I plan to come by there also.
Have you tried the Becue, if you did what are your thoughts and comparison with Revo and other CF shafts?

Old
  (#30)
gregnice37

05-09-2019, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirza View Post
Have you tried the Becue, if you did what are your thoughts and comparison with Revo and other CF shafts?
I have a becue 12.0mm prime m and it plays good. Shaft has a more plasticy feel to it compared to other CF shatfs and definitely has more deflection than the Revo.

I think eventually I'm going to have to get the same exact tip put on all my CF shafts to make true comparisons.

Page 2 of 6 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: