ob ld shaft
Old
  (#1)
coltstudd
AzB Silver Member
coltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond reputecoltstudd has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

ob ld shaft - 04-02-2019, 04:07 AM

your thoughts on a ob classic plus shaft for my joss west cue.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltstudd View Post
your thoughts on a ob classic plus shaft for my joss west cue.
I've had them on two different steel-joint cues. They play great. The stock tip kinda sucks but that easily changed. I used Ultraskin black mediums on mine. Played fine.

Old
  (#3)
Kingpin
AzB Silver Member
Kingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond reputeKingpin has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2019, 07:52 AM

There are better shafts out there. Its a company that has went down the tubes and their quality has gone with it. Tiger, Jacoby, Mezz, cuetec are all companies that I would look at first. My 2cents.

Old
  (#4)
Kilroy
AzB Bronze Member
Kilroy is on a distinguished road

04-04-2019, 02:34 PM

I just ordered an OB Classic plus (blem) for my cue. I'll be sure to give you my thoughts when i hit with it this weekend.

Old
  (#5)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-04-2019, 04:57 PM

i went thru some of their horror times
it took 6 months to get a replacement for a shaft sent me with a chip
i think they are cleaning up their act
i hope so
i like their cues

Old
  (#6)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-03-2019, 03:07 PM

I like the hit feel of pretty much every OB shaft I tried, but like some others I have had issues with the newer shafts not being made well. Had one sent back for splices not being smooth and one sent back for a cracked ferrule, and now one sounds like it has a loose ferrule. On the other hand, for me the warranty exchanges went smoothly, and I have had 3 good shafts without issues.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#7)
MmmSharp
AzB Bronze Member
MmmSharp is on a distinguished road

07-19-2019, 12:26 PM

I have an older 2012 OB, that hits great. I found the wood ferrule to hit to soft, and changed it out to juma if I remember correctly, and g2 medium tip. not my main player but since I changed the ferrule and tip people make me offer's on it all the time after the play with it.

Hopefully they turn around, and are able to start producing better quality again. for their newer stuff I think it is hit or miss. haven't tried the carbon shafts yet.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: