Juma

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Has Juma changed color? I just got my order in and the one piece I have left color-wise does not match what they sent me, what they sent is more white ish
Dave

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just had the same thing happen to me, I guess it yellows a bit over time?
I initally though they had sent me Elforyn, that's how white that Juma was..
Machines the same as before though, but it sucks if your trying to match a new shaft to an older cue..

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It seems every batch is slightly different in color. Never been a problem as i know that often happens with various plastics.

Last edited:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
my personal opinion it that the finish has changed color on an older cue and the Juma stays just about the same............

Kim

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my personal opinion it that the finish has changed color on an older cue and the Juma stays just about the same............

Kim

I think you missed the point here. The picture is of two different batches of Juma roundstock, the older version has the slight yellowish colour we are used to. The new batches are almost pure white, more similar to Elforyn in colour.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I think you missed the point here. The picture is of two different batches of Juma roundstock, the older version has the slight yellowish colour we are used to. The new batches are almost pure white, more similar to Elforyn in colour.

It's amazing that this is happening to Juma as well.
A material really made for pool cue ferrule and joints originally afaik.
They became knife handle material afterwards.

It happened to Ivor-X raw materials as well.
So, I just quit trying to avail of them again.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's amazing that this is happening to Juma as well.
A material really made for pool cue ferrule and joints originally afaik.
They became knife handle material afterwards.

It happened to Ivor-X raw materials as well.
So, I just quit trying to avail of them again.

Yes it`s frustrating! I have not ordered a new supply of 22, 25 and 35mm rods yet, but it would suck if those also had a different colour from the the stuff I allready have in stock.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I treat materials as batches, including steel and Aluminium alloys.
It is a pain with the plastics, but unless it is loaded with UV stuff or TiO2 , it is going to fade over time. Not a lot of places take a great deal of care in batch colour matching.

CuesRus1973

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think they might have lightened it up a few years back, but overall the Juma does not change much batch to batch from what I have seen. It is not color uv stable though and will darken over time.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I'll try to give a little help. Top ferrule is Juma. Bottom ferrule is ivory. Very close, lighting conditions vary, but this was Juma about 2012 or so. If it's gotten much lighter than this, the formula has changed.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• 20120914_213458.jpg
    20120914_213458.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 215