CTE Video Of The Day - #45, #46, #47

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the aiming line to the shot line......

These videos should be very enlightening for a student.
Another student asked the other day, somewhere in the aiming forum here, "Why is it necessary to visualize TWO lines? Why not just use one??"
The other student apparently did not realize that the aiming line and the shot line are not the same. The aiming line sets up for the system to take the player INTO the shot line. (a dead on shot line that automatically compensates for throw without any tinkering around and guessing)
Thereby eliminating the "tweaking" or "accepting" when down in full stance. And it especially does away with the traditional thinking of "that looks pretty good"....which is an invitation to doom over the long run.
Good work SpiderMan……...and now the heathen can rage.:wink:
Regards,
P.L.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These videos should be very enlightening for a student.
Another student asked the other day, somewhere in the aiming forum here, "Why is it necessary to visualize TWO lines? Why not just use one??"
The other student apparently did not realize that the aiming line and the shot line are not the same. The aiming line sets up for the system to take the player INTO the shot line.
Thereby eliminating the "tweaking" or "accepting" when down in full stance. And it especially does away with the traditional thinking of "that looks pretty good"....which is an invitation to doom over the long run.
Good work SpiderMan……...and now the heathen can rage.:wink:
Regards,
P.L.

Question I've asked before but not sure I got a reply. Hal's system used 1 line with a pivot and Stan's system uses 2 lines with a pivot. Obviously these two systems will direct the cue ball to a different spot on the object ball, yet both systems claim to send balls to the corners of a table (the pockets) objectively and without any judgment needed from the player. How does that happen and why did Stan feel it was necessary to modify something that Hal claimed all pro's new and kept secret?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Question I've asked before but not sure I got a reply. Hal's system used 1 line with a pivot and Stan's system uses 2 lines with a pivot. Obviously these two systems will direct the cue ball to a different spot on the object ball, yet both systems claim to send balls to the corners of a table (the pockets) objectively and without any judgment needed from the player. How does that happen and why did Stan feel it was necessary to modify something that Hal claimed all pro's new and kept secret?

:eek: Hater! ;)

On a serious note....That's not an acceptable question because there is no logical answer.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Here we go as usual. Knockers doing what knockers know best...KNOCKING.

Here's something all of the knockers can prove which is how inferior CTE is by duplicating the setup Stan did for every shot off the back rail to where he had the OBs placed.

Stan shot 19 balls. Missed 4. Made 15. YEP, he's human. Proves that everybody can miss and does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KEravBX59Y&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=38&t=0s

Use whatever you do when playing. Poolology, Feel, contact points, arrows, GB, prayer...it doesn't matter.

Make a video illustrating how one of the above with YOU using it is a better way to play the game.

(now starts the tap dancing, back pedaling , whining, crying, excuses, wise assing, everything known to mankind to deflect the act of actually doing it)

Should be real easy to beat with such a worthless aiming system as CTE...don'tcha think?

Hey Brian...what happened to this post you made only a few days ago...You're right. And I do understand. Imma try harder to keep my nose clean and not pollute your cte threads,

Yep. You're a real stand up guy, man of your word.

Last edited:

Cmate

Registered

Here's something all of the knockers can prove which is how inferior CTE is by duplicating the setup Stan did for every shot off the back rail to where he had the OBs placed.

Stan shot 19 balls. Missed 4. Made 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KEravBX59Y&list=UUW8lTFYIYGN2AjHKN23M-RQ&index=38&t=0s

Use whatever you do when playing. Poolology, Feel, contact points, arrows, GB, prayer...it doesn't matter.

Make a video illustrating how one of the above with YOU using it is a better way to play the game.

(now starts the tap dancing, back pedaling , whining, crying, excuses, everything known to mankind to deflect the act of actually doing it)

Should be real easy to beat with such a worthless aiming system as CTE...don'tcha think?

Hey Brian...what happened to this post you made only a few days ago...You're right. And I do understand. Imma try harder to keep my nose clean and not pollute your cte threads,

LOL I'm sure there are dozens, maybe hundreds of players who could do as good or better.

It's a measure of individual talent, nothing more.

You can choose faith or reality.

You can choose religion or physics/geometry.

Sometimes your brain will quietly fix things for you if you choose wrong.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan shot 19 balls. Missed 4. Made 15. YEP, he's human. Proves that everybody can miss and does.

(now starts the tap dancing, back pedaling , whining, crying, excuses, wise assing, everything known to mankind to deflect the act of actually doing it)

Spider won't see this of course but I guess I was right when I didn't think I got an answer last time. Didn't get one this time, either.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
LOL I'm sure there are dozens, maybe hundreds of players who could do as good or better.

It's a measure of individual talent, nothing more.

You can choose faith or reality.

You can choose religion or physics/geometry.

Sometimes your brain will quietly fix things for you if you choose wrong.

Fine. How about YOU setting up the shots and showing how physics/geometry works better than CTE and how your brain will quietly fix things if you choose wrong. Step up to the plate "Einstein".

If there are in fact dozens, maybe hundreds of players who could do as good or better, they're out there doing it and keeping their skills sharp. Not running their mouths like you do every day in here as the troll you are.

One last thing, how about YOU staying OUT of MY threads that I start? I'm askin'.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Please show me the pollution. I poked Dan a little with "hater" comment. And, seriously, concerning Dan's question about Hal's method and Stan's refined version of it.... what is your answer? I already know what it is.
There is no answer, and it's because the question is not accepted as a valid question for whatever reason.

I had originally posted a knee jerk reaction prompted by these videos, but I deleted it because it would've obviously derailed or polluted your thread. Told you I was trying.:grin:

Oh, and yes I could shoot these shots and probably make all 15. It's really about 8 different shot angles, some of the same setups but on different sides of the table.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Please show me the pollution. I poked Dan a little with "hater" comment.

I didn't see White's post to know he posted until you quoted it. It's YOU trying your best to be in good standing as one of the FAB 5. That's polluting. Send him a PM.

And, seriously, concerning Dan's question about Hal's method and Stan's refined version of it.... what is your answer? I already know what it is.
There is no answer, and it's because the question is not accepted as a valid question for whatever reason.

Hal taught CTE with a manual pivot. Stan took it to another level with all visuals. Stan originally made DVD1 the way Hal did it with the manual pivot.
When Hal saw what Stan was doing with PRO1 he stood behind it 100%.

I had originally posted a knee jerk reaction prompted by these videos, but I deleted it because it would've obviously derailed or polluted your thread. Told you I was trying.:grin:

I didn't see the post.

Oh, and yes I could these shots and probably make all 15.

You could do a lot of things in your own mind. Nothing is too great for your skills and imagination.

DO IT! The only thing I can do is applaud and praise the effort if you do...not knock it or be a wise ass like some others. There would be one difference...an 8' table vs a 9 foot table. But that's OK. DO IT!

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could do a lot of things in your own mind. Nothing is too great for your skills and imagination.
DO IT! The only thing I can do is applaud and praise the effort if you do...not knock it or be a wise ass like some others. There would be one difference...an 8' table vs a 9 foot table. But that's OK. DO IT!
Spiderman..
Still mixing it up with the Grouchy Posse, I see. Won't do any good..."they" know everything about everything. Just ask, and watch 'em pontificate.
By the way...I got a PM from the student from a previous post that I mentioned. I thought my response to him would be worthy of a public comment. If it helps someone other than members of the Grouchy Posse, then that is good. (the Grouchy Posse itself has no hope, of course)
What do you think about the following?
He has read a post from one of the Grouchy Posse that "it was obvious that Hal's method and Stan's method put the cueball at different locations on the object ball and nobody could explain, etc. etc. etc."
I pointed out to him that it wasn't "obvious" at all and it didn't matter WHAT aiming method a player used, the cueball has to arrive at the same spot on the object ball to pocket the shot. Which is the foundation of the "ghost ball" method.
What the un-informed or, as you refer to them, "the wise asses" do not know (or maybe don't want to know) is that CTE aiming produces a visual shot line that is different from the shot line they, with their methods of ghost balls, fractions, etc., see with their eyes when down in position to pull the trigger.
The un-informed must 'adjust' for throw with english or rely on their 'inner talents' to make the shot whereas with the CTE user it is strictly mechanical....without any voodoo, hoodoo, or superman talent.
The CTE user knows there is an AIMING line and that same aiming line, coupled with mechanics (visual or physical) leads the shooter to the SHOTLINE..a shotline which has a very slight overcut to compensate for throw. Therefore allowing CTE to produce a higher percentage success rate over their voodoo-hoodoo methods.
Since I am not a CTE certified instructor, I hope I am right about this. The last thing I want to do is be like the Grouchy Posse and babble about something of which I do not know.
Tell me if I am right or wrong. If I am wrong, point out where, and I will delete this post in a heartbeat. I do not want to further muddy the waters for prospective students. (The Grouchy Posse will do enough of that by themselves)
Regards,
P.L.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spiderman..
Still mixing it up with the Grouchy Posse, I see. Won't do any good..."they" know everything about everything. Just ask, and watch 'em pontificate.
By the way...I got a PM from the student from a previous post that I mentioned. I thought my response to him would be worthy of a public comment. If it helps someone other than members of the Grouchy Posse, then that is good. (the Grouchy Posse itself has no hope, of course)
What do you think about the following?
He has read a post from one of the Grouchy Posse that "it was obvious that Hal's method and Stan's method put the cueball at different locations on the object ball and nobody could explain, etc. etc. etc."
I pointed out to him that it wasn't "obvious" at all and it didn't matter WHAT aiming method a player used, the cueball has to arrive at the same spot on the object ball to pocket the shot. Which is the foundation of the "ghost ball" method.
What the un-informed or, as you refer to them, "the wise asses" do not know (or maybe don't want to know) is that CTE aiming produces a visual shot line that is different from the shot line they, with their methods of ghost balls, fractions, etc., see with their eyes when down in position to pull the trigger.
The un-informed must 'adjust' for throw with english or rely on their 'inner talents' to make the shot whereas with the CTE user it is strictly mechanical....without any voodoo, hoodoo, or superman talent.
The CTE user knows there is an AIMING line and that same aiming line, coupled with mechanics (visual or physical) leads the shooter to the SHOTLINE..a shotline which has a very slight overcut to compensate for throw. Therefore allowing CTE to produce a higher percentage success rate over their voodoo-hoodoo methods.
Since I am not a CTE certified instructor, I hope I am right about this. The last thing I want to do is be like the Grouchy Posse and babble about something of which I do not know.
Tell me if I am right or wrong. If I am wrong, point out where, and I will delete this post in a heartbeat. I do not want to further muddy the waters for prospective students. (The Grouchy Posse will do enough of that by themselves)
Regards,
P.L.

So you don't know the answer, either. Why didn't you just start with that rather than make us read that whole post and have to come to the same conclusion?