Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Ask The Cuemaker
Reload this Page Speaking of Mach 3 offsets and limits
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-25-2020, 12:45 PM

Using the pendant gets around the keyboard issue. So I use the pendant for all jog and step etc including spindle start stop or running a selected program.The keyboard is only for editing and selecting the program to run etc zero the axis etc, but I don't jog at all with the keyboard. Lucky for me when it ran away was to the home position and has a slowdown etc. Otherwise it would have been a crash.

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com
Sorry, not taking any cue orders until further notice.

Old
  (#32)
JC
The Thread Stops Here
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-25-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conetip View Post
Using the pendant gets around the keyboard issue. So I use the pendant for all jog and step etc including spindle start stop or running a selected program.The keyboard is only for editing and selecting the program to run etc zero the axis etc, but I don't jog at all with the keyboard. Lucky for me when it ran away was to the home position and has a slowdown etc. Otherwise it would have been a crash.
I read on a forum that it's only the very last version of Mach3 that has that bug and if a person can acquire a slightly earlier version it doesn't do that.

Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Having said that do you have a pendant you recommend? So many choices.

Old
  (#33)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2020, 06:08 PM

Mine is just a cheapy and don't recommend it from Aliexpress not sure of the vendor. Doing it again, I would get one that allows for independent X Y Z so you can rotate a dial instead of pulse jogging. Then you can dial in really easy like using handles on a manual machine. Saves a lot of time when setting up and reduces the chances of using a large step pulse when you wanted to use a short step pulse, especially in the Z direction. Been looking at a few, all are really expensive and still trying to figure out which is the better way to go. A friend in Germany has set his up on a box face. So Y is the front face, X is on the rh side and Z is on the top of the box. Just so many choices.
At the moment it does work like it is. Mine is about 8 years old now.

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com

Old
  (#34)
conetip
AzB Silver Member

05-25-2020, 06:20 PM

So it just got more complicated. My friend had it made for him when he got his router built and they made it specially for his machine.
So not sure if I can have the 3 rotary encoders on my router.

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: