Old
  (#91)
JimS
Grandpa & his grand boys.
JimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4050
Location: Jim Sward 311 E. Main, Suite 317 Galesburg, Il 61401

09-12-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die.

Thinking about you today, Smorgie!
That's a good line Jenny.

"The average man seeks certainty in the eye of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence.
The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eye and calls that humbleness."
Carlos Castenada

"Make no distinction between the difficult and the less difficult shot but apply yourself completely to each opportunity to strike a pool ball". Mark Wilson

"No nonchalantin at the pool table!" Sailor

Live like somebody left the gate open!

Old
  (#92)
Bob J
AzB Silver Member
Bob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond reputeBob J has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-12-2011, 09:25 PM

Happy Birthday, Smorg! You still make me laugh. Thanks for the memories.

Bob Johnson,
Denver, CO

hey JAM
Old
  (#93)
smokey
let's roll
smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

hey JAM - 11-05-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die.

Thinking about you today, Smorgie!
SO SO TRUE

i see so many new names today, i guess they never knew Smorgie

i can only tell them that 'you' missed a "one and only"

all the best old friends,
smokey

hey smorgie...
Old
  (#94)
smokey
let's roll
smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute

hey smorgie... - 01-13-2012, 02:34 AM

it's been a while now...

but you are still with me

rip doug...

G-d bless,
smokey

Last edited by smokey; 01-13-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: of all things, i spelled G-d wrong - G-d help me..........

Old
  (#95)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

01-13-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
it's been a while now...

but you are still with me

rip doug...

g-d bless,
smokey
I thought about our friend the other day and how he often followed my tournament trail, using his humor and friendship sharing with others what he felt and what he saw, sometimes giving JoeyA a little needle, but always with the friendship of true humor. He even made me laugh at myself and that is a good thing.

Smokey, thanks for remembering Doug.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

hey JoeyA...
Old
  (#96)
smokey
let's roll

hey JoeyA... - 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
I thought about our friend the other day and how he often followed my tournament trail, using his humor and friendship sharing with others what he felt and what he saw, sometimes giving JoeyA a little needle, but always with the friendship of true humor. He even made me laugh at myself and that is a good thing.

Smokey, thanks for remembering Doug.
yeah, he gave us all "NEEDLES".

and sometimes they were "dull and painful"... [imo]

anyway you are about to have your 14th thousand post and that made me realize that Doug gave me and all of us more than 14 thousand laughs and many times at ourselves.

he had a way with people, a way that i could never learn if i studied for eternity.

all the best my friend, Doug's friend,
smokey

Last edited by smokey; 01-13-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling and added: [imo]

Old
  (#97)
JAM
USA, ALL THE WAY!
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

09-12-2012, 03:37 AM

Thinking of you today, my friend. Save a seat for me on the rail! RIP, Smorgie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Old
  (#98)
Bigtruck
Capt Diff Lock
Bigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond reputeBigtruck has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4371

09-18-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Thinking of you today, my friend. Save a seat for me on the rail! RIP, Smorgie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I was also thinking of Smorg and I didn't even realize it was his birthday!! RIP Big guy.

Smorg took great pride in being the Rep Point leader here on AZ. Here is one of his favorite Youtubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY

Ray

If the movers and shakers in this industry would stop spending all of their time trying to tear each other down, then maybe they would have some free time to start building up the industry. ~Mike AzHousePro

How the *&^% is he playing the game wrong when he's going to Wachovia to deposit YOUR $$$$ is HIS account??????? LOL! ~wutang

thinking about Smorg yesterday
Old
  (#99)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

thinking about Smorg yesterday - 09-18-2012, 12:09 PM

Had to gut the bottom four feet of my home following Isaac. Furniture, appliances, personal possessions, on and on. Haul all this into the front yard along with the walls and possessions of all my neighbors for a mile or two around in the subdivision.

Every evening the vultures come. People driving brand new vehicles pick through everything looking for anything of value. A hundred years of memories and personal possessions mixed in that pile and after awhile you get tired of the vultures prying through the remains of your life. Legally you have abandoned everything between the sidewalk and curb but these people come all the way to your front door, walking right by you as if they are entitled. Been running them off for days, some nicely, some of the pushier ones not so nicely.

Yesterday my brother had a stroke of pure genius! I have a gallon or so of dye cooncentrate, I think it is enough to cover twenty acres or more. Blood red dye! As I applied coat after coat to everything left in my front yard I was thinking about Doug and what a kick he would have gotten out of the story!

I'll be marketing Hu and Mike's Picker Preventive Pro 3X just shortly.

Hu

Old
  (#100)
JoeyA
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
Had to gut the bottom four feet of my home following Isaac. Furniture, appliances, personal possessions, on and on. Haul all this into the front yard along with the walls and possessions of all my neighbors for a mile or two around in the subdivision.

Every evening the vultures come. People driving brand new vehicles pick through everything looking for anything of value. A hundred years of memories and personal possessions mixed in that pile and after awhile you get tired of the vultures prying through the remains of your life. Legally you have abandoned everything between the sidewalk and curb but these people come all the way to your front door, walking right by you as if they are entitled. Been running them off for days, some nicely, some of the pushier ones not so nicely.

Yesterday my brother had a stroke of pure genius! I have a gallon or so of dye cooncentrate, I think it is enough to cover twenty acres or more. Blood red dye! As I applied coat after coat to everything left in my front yard I was thinking about Doug and what a kick he would have gotten out of the story!

I'll be marketing Hu and Mike's Picker Preventive Pro 3X just shortly.

Hu
That was something Doug would have liked for sure.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#101)
JAM
USA, ALL THE WAY!
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2013, 01:34 AM

Happy Birthday to Smorgie. You are gone but not forgotten.

Old
  (#102)
smokey
let's roll

09-12-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
yes ma'am...

Happy Day Smorgie!

ya playin' poker or ya playin' pool?
i'm still holding the 10 bucks and if ya want it back we can play either for it.

smokey

Old
  (#103)
JoeyA

09-12-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Doug was THE MAN, when it came to humor & wit and none of it was mean-spirited.

There will never be another one like him.

JoeyA

Old
  (#104)
jgpool
Cue ball draw with this?
jgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond reputejgpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

09-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Happy B-Day Smorg. Miss ya greatly.

Joe G

"I am old enough to know my limits, and I am young enough to exceed them" Dick Vermeil

McDermott M66G, BEM, 4 arrow points with black leather wrap.

Old
  (#105)
JAM
USA, ALL THE WAY!

09-12-2014, 02:27 AM

Thinking of you today, Smorgie, on your birthday.

Save me a seat on the rail in heaven.

Page 7 of 8 « First 567 8

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: