Meucci vs. Predator

bratnikotin

Registered
Please help me with an advice

I have 2 cues - Meucci HP-1 and Predator Roadline Sneaky Pete
Both of them need a shaft, and I am on a limited budget, so ONLY one gets a shaft.
The break down comes to:

I started playing with Meucci as my first cue, when I did not understand much about shooting pool and . .it happened to be my first cue.

Now, I am a little better, and I sort of understand how I play etc... and lately I was playing with that Predator, and was very happy.
I do though, think I liked the balance of the Meucci better. And .. Meucci looks soooo much better than that Sneaky Pete.

So, can anyone help me choose between:
- Black dot for Meucci
- 314-2 or 314-2 for Meucci
- 314-2 or 314-2 for Predator ?

I can't afford the higher end shafts yet, and .. I am not playing for money, not on the level yet,

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
If you want a wood shaft. Buy a Meucci Pro shaft not a black dot.

But the Carbon Pro shafts are on sale now. That's what I would buy. I have had one for a month now and I love it.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Try and get the Carbon Pro shaft if you can. I got rid of my Revo and Cynergy shafts once I started playing the Carbon Pro. I'm hearing the same reaction from a lot of different sources. My main shaft for a long time was the Predator Z3. I switched to the Revo when it first came out and liked it, shot a little better with it on some shots. When the Cynergy came out I immediately switched to that because I really liked the pro taper and the way it played. I only wished it had an 11.75mm tip like the Z3. Well, Meucci came out with the Carbon Pro, available in 11.75 and pro taper. I'm going to say this. It really upped my game. I can do more things with this shaft than any other I've ever played. The hit, the sound, the feel... better by far than any other CF shaft. When I hear the naysayers with their tired old "it ain't the arrow, it's the indian" chant, I just laugh.

If you can get up a couple of more bucks, this is the shaft you want.

bratnikotin

Registered
Unfortunately, I won't be able to pull Meucci Carbon Pro.
My budget is at about $250. 314 cost little more, and if I go there, I will have to save on lunches:)
So I wanted to know what best comapres to it, Meucci Black dot or Meucci Pro ?

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are great LD wooden shafts out there like the Mezz wx900, some predator shafts, etc. But I prefer the cf shafts. My favorite is the Cynergy. Very smooth, wood like but cleaner hit. I also love the Revo. Revo feels a bit stiffer and metallic more like a train compared to the Cynergy. I compared both with sniper tips. I also tried the Revo with a bunch of other tips including the Victory Soft it comes with. When I'm on I'm not aware of a cue in my hands the balls just disappear and I get great shape so overall it doesn't matter much. Save up get one great set up and stay with it. I don't like the hit of a Meucci. Most predators are ugly though. I'd use your loaded Meucci butt and get the best LD shaft you can afford.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please help me with an advice

I have 2 cues - Meucci HP-1 and Predator Roadline Sneaky Pete
Both of them need a shaft, and I am on a limited budget, so ONLY one gets a shaft.
The break down comes to:

I started playing with Meucci as my first cue, when I did not understand much about shooting pool and . .it happened to be my first cue.

Now, I am a little better, and I sort of understand how I play etc... and lately I was playing with that Predator, and was very happy.
I do though, think I liked the balance of the Meucci better. And .. Meucci looks soooo much better than that Sneaky Pete.

So, can anyone help me choose between:
- Black dot for Meucci
- 314-2 or 314-2 for Meucci
- 314-2 or 314-2 for Predator ?

I can't afford the higher end shafts yet, and .. I am not playing for money, not on the level yet,

Ok , Being a Meucci player myself from Day's gone by I can relate to what you are saying and Yes that Hp-1 is a Beauty for sure. Not a fan of the Black Dot shaft's. Lamination does not impress me at all and I know a repair guy who told me he has seen them come apart before, Buy a new Red Dot Shaft , It should have came with one. The Red Dot Shaft is so much better in my Opinion .