Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Fixing American Pool by forming the NBL (National Billiards League) & PBA Tour!!!
Page 5 of 10 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
Sandman
Sandcastle Room Owner
Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-21-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
Sounds neat. Hope it works out.

What sanctioned locations are hosting in Maryland?
A location and 2 tournament directors have been appointed for Maryland. Announcements coming soon! Start saving up your entry fees!

"Play even or don't even play."
"You don't need more WEIGHT, you need more PRACTICE!" - Sandman
"Run the table, not your mouth."
If pool is to make a comeback, it will be through organized professionalism infused with class.

http://www.SandcastleBilliards.com
www.ustream.tv/channel/sandcastle-billiards
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Sandcastl...dsOfficialPage

Old
  (#62)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

02-21-2020, 04:26 PM

Good luck to you. This reminds me of the N.U.T.S tour about 10 years ago, and Joe T's American Rotation Tour 5 years ago. I don't think the N.U.T.S lasted even one year. Joe T's lasted 2 or 3. I think he would have lasted longer if he stuck to 9 ball.

Old
  (#63)
Sandman
Sandcastle Room Owner
Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond reputeSandman has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadub View Post
Well, he runs a large and successful poolroom, so there's at least one room "signed on". There have been many high level matches take place at his room before, so its not exactly an unknown entity proposing all this.

I'm rooting for it to take off.

Thank you for that validation Justadub.

Can't blame anyone that's not familiar with me or my credentials for being cautious.

I try to be a modest individual, a gracious gentleman and a professional at all times. I don't like to boast or even talk about myself. I do express how blessed I have been to be so well connected and trusted by many in the industry. To satisfy those curious:

2) I also serve as TD at the International Open,

3) Emcee / Refferee at Derby City Classic

4) ICEA board member and American Ambassador to JOY Chinese 8-Ball

5) Board of Directors (Pool Room Representative) for the governing body of USA
pool, the Billiard Congress of America

6) Affiliated with Pat Fleming and Accu-Stats Video Productions

7) Have a great report with every industry mover and shaker promoter

8) Great connections and relations with all the major sponsors and companies

9) Good relationship with all the professional players

10) Have worked on several projects for pool here in the US all the way to China

11) Currently house Earl Strickland as house pro at Sandcastle Billiards

12) House Accu-Stats On Location at Sandcastle as well

13) Currently in my mid 40's and able to stick around for the next 30 years or so

14) College educated, background in engineering & technology

15) Been involved in pool for over 25 years

16) Have organized and promoted several smaller events of my own

17) Known to be a man of integrity

18) Have a great knowledge and passion for the game

19) Left behind 2 careers to dedicate my life to the game

20) WILLING TO STEP UP AND DO SOMETHING TO FIX THINGS FOR THE
BETTERMENT OF THE GAME AND ALL THE PLAYERS FOREVER

Any questions? LOL

If pool is to make a comeback, it will be through organized professionalism infused with class.

Old
  (#64)
Sandman
Sandcastle Room Owner

02-21-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Ed, I wish you luck in this endeavor. You have some very lofty goals here. As a businessman I would want to see the sustainability of your program, how it will be funded and continue to grow and expand. I look forward to seeing your business plan. Please PM me when you have one. I might be interested in coming on board if it looks workable.
Thank you Jay! I'll DEFINITELY be reaching out to you soon sir!

Old
  (#65)
Sandman
Sandcastle Room Owner

02-21-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
You say: "If pool is to make a comeback, it will be through organized professionalism infused with class."

I don't view it as classy to use a tour name/acronym that is the same as or similar to what another sport uses, hoping for rub-off viewership or prestige (while apparently trying to side-step a word you say is associated with alcohol and degenerates).

That's not why the name was chosen, just a possible positive side effect.

There is a much more valuable reason the "Professional Billiards Association" was chosen as the subsidiary sanction of the parent organization the "National Billiards League". Besides, the bright red, white & blue logo surrounding the acronym displaying a silhouette of a pool player makes it obvious the "B" stands for billiards and not bowling.

I do appreciate your input and welcome all opinions and devil's advocate pokes. I like to dot all "i"s and cross all "t"s.

Old
  (#66)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
That's not why the name was chosen, just a possible positive side effect.

There is a much more valuable reason the "Professional Billiards Association" was chosen as the subsidiary sanction of the parent organization the "National Billiards League". Besides, the bright red, white & blue logo surrounding the acronym displaying a silhouette of a pool player makes it obvious the "B" stands for billiards and not bowling.

I do appreciate your input and welcome all opinions and devil's advocate pokes. I like to dot all "i"s and cross all "t"s.
I don't yet know enough about all your plans to have an overall opinion of them, but I do appreciate your responses to my quickly formed opinion of the tour name. Thank you.

Old
  (#67)
Sandman
Sandcastle Room Owner

02-22-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
I don't yet know enough about all your plans to have an overall opinion of them, but I do appreciate your responses to my quickly formed opinion of the tour name. Thank you.
In due time sir, (for marketing purposes) in due time, all will be very transparent. There's nothing to hide with me. I'm dedicated to the overall betterment of the game and benefit for the players and enthusiasts.

Old
  (#68)
Boxcar
Banned
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2020, 06:01 PM

"May the road rise to meet you,

and the wind always be at your back.

May the sun shine warm on your face

and the rains fall softly on your fields.

And until we meet again

May God hold you gently in the palm of his hand."

Best of Luck! Give 'em hell! I wish I was young again.

Old
  (#69)
Charles Hartfield
AzB Silver Member
Charles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond reputeCharles Hartfield has a reputation beyond repute

02-22-2020, 07:05 PM

I hope your plan works out. I have to admit I have my doubts. I donít like to admit this but in my opinion, thereís not a market for pool being mainstream. Where I live, thereís only one large pool hall and it only stays in business because of alcohol and you can smoke there. I can watch professional pool all day long but I donít think thereís a lot of people like me. I donít know if thisíll help you but as a fan of watching pool, here are some things I would like to see.

One professional American tour. It is difficult for me to keep up with professional events because there are countless companies/tours streaming them.

Standard equipment and rules. I personally think professional pool should be played on 9í tables with 4.5Ē corners/5Ē sides. Itís not as entertaining for me to watch a pro play on a 7 footer.

Choose one discipline and stick with it. I canít think of any mainstream sports that donít have one standard game. I personally would like that game to be 14.1 but any discipline will do.

Shot clock. Slow play is tough to watch for me and I enjoy watching pool a lot. I would think slow play would make the more casual fan change the channel. I also think faster play makes for higher quality play even if itís uncomfortable for some players.

Old
  (#70)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

02-22-2020, 07:22 PM

You forgot a couple Sandman!

21. Hosted several PBIA/SPF Pool Schools...(you've always been a gracious and generous host Ed!)

22. Last but not least, Eddie is a legitimate TV Star!

I think your ideas are terrific, and I'll support you any way I can...just like I always have Eddie!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:

Can't blame anyone that's not familiar with me or my credentials for being cautious.

I try to be a modest individual, a gracious gentleman and a professional at all times. I don't like to boast or even talk about myself. I do express how blessed I have been to be so well connected and trusted by many in the industry. To satisfy those curious:

10) Have worked on several projects for pool here in the US all the way to China

13) Currently in my mid 40's and able to stick around for the next 30 years or so

Any questions? LOL

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#71)
Dan_B
AzB Gold Member
Dan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 455

02-24-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
A location and 2 tournament directors have been appointed for Maryland. Announcements coming soon! Start saving up your entry fees!
That reads like exhibit 1of part A from a negative balance sheet.

*Attention Players*:
Sharpen your sportsmanship - sales / ambassador skills so to retain your own sponsorship.

Old
  (#72)
JusticeNJ
Four Points/Steel Joints
JusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond reputeJusticeNJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1525

02-24-2020, 08:13 AM

Go get 'em Ed. I'm rooting for you. I hope you are doing well.

"I once shot a .937 and Sigel beat me 11 to 4." - Grady

Last edited by JusticeNJ; 02-24-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Old
  (#73)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

02-24-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:

Any questions? LOL
Don't forget an amazing voice. I'm surprised you've never done voice over work. Or have you?

Anyways, good luck with this idea. Hopefully it catches on and it works out.

Old
  (#74)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

02-24-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
You forgot a couple Sandman!

21. Hosted several PBIA/SPF Pool Schools...(you've always been a gracious and generous host Ed!)

22. Last but not least, Eddie is a legitimate TV Star!

I think your ideas are terrific, and I'll support you any way I can...just like I always have Eddie!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
If any ideas are to succeed, you need money, and sponsors will more then pocket change. How will you attract the cash needed to pull off your big idea.

What do you have to sell advertisers, what is the demographic of the average pool league player, or recreational player?

ďPool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#75)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

02-24-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I could probably guess them. If it's the 2 I'm thinking of, you made a great choice.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Page 5 of 10 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: