BobCad

JimBob

Emerick's Custom Cues
Silver Member
2 axis every thing works great in the simulator and the tool path looks right.

JimBob

Emerick's Custom Cues
Silver Member
OK here is the latest find, hooked up the laptop and ran a few pockets of different parts and everything worked great, i also noticed in the bobcad header a different post processor than i was running, so i found it and reconfigured it in v25, went back to the window box ran new tool path and it was 99% better but still had a very slight radius in the corners except the starting corner and it was square. So i am going to hook the computer with win7 on it tomorrow and see what happens, it could be that win7 may have something to do with it and the post processor may have to be tweaked a little. So glad to say it isn't the Controller and i did find that the controller from unique at least the early ones has a Gecko drive in it.

Thanks all
will update tomorrow's progress.

JimBob

Emerick's Custom Cues
Silver Member
This is what fixed the problem with the round corners, thanks to Scott from Mach3 here is what he sent me. I changed the settings and it worked. Thank You Scott...!

Is the square corner the one that the cut starts/stops at? That would make sense, as the other 3 corners are likely being rounded because of your CV settings. Your options are:

1). use Exact Stop (G61) instead of CV (G64) mode
2). make sure that the "Stop CV on angles >" option is enabled (Config > General Config) and set for something appropriate (60 is a good choice)

You can also control the amount of rounding by how much your CV Distance Tolerance is set for.

Thanks,

scott

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
This is what fixed the problem with the round corners, thanks to Scott from Mach3 here is what he sent me. I changed the settings and it worked. Thank You Scott...!

Is the square corner the one that the cut starts/stops at? That would make sense, as the other 3 corners are likely being rounded because of your CV settings. Your options are:

1). use Exact Stop (G61) instead of CV (G64) mode
2). make sure that the "Stop CV on angles >" option is enabled (Config > General Config) and set for something appropriate (60 is a good choice)

You can also control the amount of rounding by how much your CV Distance Tolerance is set for.

Thanks,

scott
Learn something new each day...

JimBob

Emerick's Custom Cues
Silver Member
Yes BobCad does get a clean bill of health,it is working fine even with win7 although it was installed under xp compatible, when i just installed it in 7 it wouldn't wrok. But everything is working fine now, but i reinstalled the backup post processor and i think that was part of the problem also, for the severe corner roundness went away but the corners was still rounded, and the 60 in the CV in the Mach3 took care of the rest of the roundness. Thanks again for all the input from all of you.