Water on my table

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got home awhile ago , wife say's she really screwed up bad. How bad could it be?
She was outside hosing off the porch and windows, comes inside, goes down to the basement and theres water all over my table. Looks like a pipe possibly froze this winter and we were not aware.
Anyway, other than a fan, any ideas? There was a similar thread awhile back but I can't find it. Help. [she feels awful, but I told her things happen]

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use a shammy and mop up all the excess water you can super fast. Keep pressing until it is almost dry. Then set up your fan and lightly brush the entire table frequently. You don't want the cloth tightening up in just the area it got wet and by brushing you will keep the table consistent.

I am no expert, but that is how I would handle the situation. I hope you do not experience any long lasting damage.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
cold water wont shrink the cloth. turn the heat up in the room and use fans to evaporate the water that is left. all will be fine.

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i had this issue three times now. I had fans on the table, but I also placed towels on the table with pressure on them to soak up the water without brushing. I didn't want to mess up the cloth by brushing it. table has been fine everytime but i did put a hole in my wall when it happened twice in a 24 hr period. :angry:

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
but i did put a hole in my wall when it happened twice in a 24 hr period. :angry:

Drywall or plywood? I assume it couldn't be bricks on concrete. But if you need us
to help you figure out how to solve the issue we need more details.

gr. Dave

p.s. :p

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drywall. The tub was the issue. Issue has been fixed. Finally busting my butt and fixing the ceiling right now. Have so much going on haven't had the time and its been a few months.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
OK. Cut out a square a little larger then the hole you punched in the wall,
cut a same size square from a spare piece of drywall.

Mount a piece of wood in the hole in the wall so the square you cut out can
be screwed onto something. Mount the square, put some drywall tape
around the edges.

Add some drywall joint compound over the whole area, smooth
with a decent taping knife. Let dry and sand with a sanding block.

gr. Dave

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replys and suggestions. I blotted up most of the water with a shammy and then put the fan on it Sat. night thru Sun. night. So far it looks like it will be ok.
Thanks again.

ProZack

Zack's "On the Road" Cue Repair
Silver Member
You should also get a Huge Dehumidifier from Home Depot Rental Dep and set it in there for a few days.. That is What ServePro does to flooded houses.

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it'll make your wife feel better, tell her about the time I cooked spaghetti. I guess I do it like everyone else. I boil water in a pan, throw the spaghetti in for ten minutes, then I put a strainer in the sink. I throw the boiling water with the spaghetti in it into the strainer. The water all flows through the little holes in the bottom of the strainer and down the sink. I'm left with just spaghetti.
A few years ago I guess I must have been occupied with other thoughts while going through these motions. I put the strainer in the middle of the kitchen table and poured into it the boiling water with the spaghetti in it.
This is why I'm unlike some other posters who use their real names. God, I love writing about my deepest internal troubles in anonymity! ........and no.....I never drink and cook.....or drink and write for that matter!

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
If it'll make your wife feel better, tell her about the time I cooked spaghetti. I guess I do it like everyone else. I boil water in a pan, throw the spaghetti in for ten minutes, then I put a strainer in the sink. I throw the boiling water with the spaghetti in it into the strainer. The water all flows through the little holes in the bottom of the strainer and down the sink. I'm left with just spaghetti.
A few years ago I guess I must have been occupied with other thoughts while going through these motions. I put the strainer in the middle of the kitchen table and poured into it the boiling water with the spaghetti in it.
This is why I'm unlike some other posters who use their real names. God, I love writing about my deepest internal troubles in anonymity! ........and no.....I never drink and cook.....or drink and write for that matter!

+1 for the honest disclosure...and making me laugh out loud this morning!!!

So not related to the thread either but...

My mom wanted to clean the toilet bowl...decided to use boiling water to sanitize the bowl first before cleaning. My father had "advised" her not to do it...but "somehow" she proceeded to melt the wax ring under the toilet...exactly like my father predicted. He wasn't happy to say the least...but the floor got cleaned as well! :p

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Thanks for the replys and suggestions. I blotted up most of the water with a shammy and then put the fan on it Sat. night thru Sun. night. So far it looks like it will be ok.
Thanks again.

Glad to hear it's a "happy" ending to what could have been a horror story!

I can't imagine something like this happening to me! I freak out if a gnat lands on my table and I have to squish it there...I'm afraid it'll leave a tiny blood stain...or worse yet I'll have to draw a little chalk outline around the body!!! :eek:

:)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Got home awhile ago , wife say's she really screwed up bad. How bad could it be?
She was outside hosing off the porch and windows, comes inside, goes down to the basement and theres water all over my table. Looks like a pipe possibly froze this winter and we were not aware.
Anyway, other than a fan, any ideas? There was a similar thread awhile back but I can't find it. Help. [she feels awful, but I told her things happen]

If bondo was used in the slate seams, then just use an iron to iron the cloth dry after you clean up as much water as you with a dry towel. The iron will also help to tighten the cloth up while you're at it.