cue linen wrap repair tips

travis trotter

pro pool player
Silver Member
does anyone here know or can give me any tips on how to repair cue linen wrap that has come loose on the handle of a cue?:smile:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
a little glue if you must rather than just getting a rewrap.

ive glue before in the old days and just use a little or it bleeds up and you feel it.
put it in with a toothpick.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I rewrapped a friends cue only where it was loose.

When I got to the end I didn't need any glue. Stuffed the end in the hole and that was it. I would only use glue in the hole.

Something of note, after new thread is put on it gets flattened somewhat by the installer. When you rewrap yours, you probably won't get the flat sides up and you will notice where you rewrapped it.

If it's just a few wraps won't matter, but if your doing half the grip, go buy new and have a professional put it on.

heltok

Registered
I actually have an old break/jump cue were the linen has gotten loose. It's about 1.5 inch of the grip where you can twist the linen back and forth.

The wrapping must have been really poorly made in the first place, with too little glue. Since this is a budget cue, it's not worth the cost of having it rewrapped. I will instead try the suggestions above and try to get the loose part of the linen fixed. I just need to get my hands on some glue... an update will follow.

27zb6ti.jpg

23htvlh.jpg

travis trotter

pro pool player
Silver Member
yeah it is under warranty but i was also going to suggest useing a cue grip to put over the linen wrap to protect

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
that one you better send back in. or if you do it you are going to have to take it back to y to where it is tight and then hand wrap it very slowly and tightly.
it will not be perfect.