Pool ball restoration.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
As regular visitors to the Pool Ball Collecting thread will testify, we are fortunate indeed to have one or two fine gentlemen on the forum who possess a great talent for restoring play-worn or neglected balls to their former lustrous glory. It all borders on alchemy to me and I'm sincerely in their debt for sharing such skills and knowledge.

Here is my question:

Presumably the manufacturers themselves employ industrial polishing equipment during the final stages of production which is far more powerful than anything available to us mere mortals, something that really goes deep into the plastic and actually removes a fraction of the ball's surface?

Some balls are beyond restoring even by the best of our diligent endeavours (deep scuffs and scratches etc) and I was wondering if any company offered a 'refinishing' service at a price?

Best wishes,
RC.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As regular visitors to the Pool Ball Collecting thread will testify, we are fortunate indeed to have one or two fine gentlemen on the forum who possess a great talent for restoring play-worn or neglected balls to their former lustrous glory. It all borders on alchemy to me and I'm sincerely in their debt for sharing such skills and knowledge.

Here is my question:

Presumably the manufacturers themselves employ industrial polishing equipment during the final stages of production which is far more powerful than anything available to us mere mortals, something that really goes deep into the plastic and actually removes a fraction of the ball's surface?

Some balls are beyond restoring even by the best of our diligent endeavours (deep scuffs and scratches etc) and I was wondering if any company offered a 'refinishing' service at a price?

Best wishes,
RC.

That would be awesome. I wouldn't mind sending in my set.