Jerry Franklin Southwest Player

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all,

Recently received my cue back from refinish and having 3 new shafts made for it. Very pleased with the results. Very nice sold hit and balance. Couldn’t ask for much more. IMG_0641.JPGIMG_0642.JPGIMG_0643.JPGIMG_0644.JPGIMG_0645.JPG

Enjoy the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh....I knew it was something simple. Thanks.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you get ready to sell it
i am looking for one like this

very pretty simple PJ

my favorite player

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Plain Jane is kind of an oxymoron for a cue like this, huh?
Some years back there was a plain SW for sale on here that was a really awesome Goncalo Alves - lots of lights in the wood. Had plain, simple, thin ivory rings throughout.
Stupid reasonable price, too. Always wished I would have pulled the trigger.
It was a peach.
I think RackRunner wound up with it, if y'all remember him. Great guy.

Last edited:

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plain Jane is kind of an oxymoron for a cue like this, huh?
Some years back there was a plain SW for sale on here that was a really awesome Goncalo Alves - lots of lights in the wood. Had plain, simple, thin ivory rings throughout.
Stupid reasonable price, too. Always wished I would have pulled the trigger.
It was a peach.
I think RackRunner wound up with it, if y'all remember him. Great guy.

Believe it or not I traded a Tascarella that was almost twice the price of this cue. Not sure it was the best decision however I saw the rarity and potential of this particular cue and am ultimately happy I did.

breakandrun

3 Stars and a Sun
Silver Member
I was wondering if they change the phenolic or sanded it down since if it were a franklin the phenolic shoud be dark now?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if they change the phenolic or sanded it down since if it were a franklin the phenolic shoud be dark now?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When talking this over with Laurie I had a choice to make. I could get the new shafts made with the new phenolic in which case the butt would be much darker than the new shafts. Or replace the joint and butt ring and phenolic would match all around. I decided to pay the extra cost and have it match all around.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you! Makes me feel better about my trade. Not much not to adore IMO.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I really love this cue, sure its not the fanciest, but not many cues I'd rather have.

I spend a lot of time browsing the gallery and for sale sections, Pete makes beautiful cues but I see them pretty frequently, this Plane Jane is a unicorn.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I really love this cue, sure its not the fanciest, but not many cues I'd rather have.

I spend a lot of time browsing the gallery and for sale sections, Pete makes beautiful cues but I see them pretty frequently, this Plane Jane is a unicorn.

Thanks

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice

What a nice cue, I like it as much as any fancier cue. Sometimes less is more,
Enjoy!