Carbon Fiber Cue Butts

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone make them? A friend is thinking of getting his first cue and is talking about "storing" it in his car. Won't listen...

Oh just reminded me of this feels from the Elks a decade back telling me he has a "special case to store his Expensive, Custom, One Of A Kind, Mali, made just for him...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone make them? A friend is thinking of getting his first cue and is talking about "storing" it in his car. Won't listen...

Oh just reminded me of this feels from the Elks a decade back telling me he has a "special case to store his Expensive, Custom, One Of A Kind, Mali, made just for him...
Go Customs makes a cf cue $750bux. BeCue,iirc, also makes a cf cue.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lots of people store cheap wood butts in their car and they don't warp.

Even if it does move a little they are cheap to replace.

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If it’s his first cue let him buy a cheap one and learn

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's not just a matter of warping, but also the finish, inlays and rings can move, expand, shrink a bit, causing cracks or bumps in the finish. I had a cue refinished by Lomax, two days after I got it it went on a plane trip to Vegas, when we got back, in a few days, you could feel all the rings. Mr Lomax was nice and refinished it for us, but it's a good example of how climate changes affect cues.