Palmer Value

renegadej

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
can someone tell me what a palmer pb8 model in fair condition very restoreable condition no shaft would be worth any help will be appreciated also who restores them

Catahula

I said "SIT!"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Palmer values

If it is a Palmer, then Chris is the man to answer your questions regarding value. You can email him at PalmerCollector@aol.com or you can pm him at AZ. He user name is "Tate". You can also visit his great website
www.palmercollector.com.
I highly recommend the folks at Proficient Billiards for any refurbishing work. They did mine and I could not be happier with the results.
Hope this helps.
Tommy

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
renegadej said:
can someone tell me what a palmer pb8 model in fair condition very restoreable condition no shaft would be worth any help will be appreciated also who restores them

Overall, I would say that particular model is worth somewhere in the $300-$700 range, depending on condition, straightness, etc. Not having the shaft definitely hurts the value....both 'as-is' and resale. Based on your description, I think you will end up spending about $250-$350 with a cuesmith and end up with a cue you may can sell for roughly $500. Proficient is a great suggestion, but most cuemakers should be able to match up the joint rings and do the shaft and refinish work. Not too difficult of a project.

Last edited:

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Refurbish

I would also recommend our own Ryan of Rat cues for the restoration work. He's done some incredible work on Bamacue's Palmer cues.

renegadej

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i definately appreciate it sure its a palmer pb8 from the palmer website its a pic of it on there i can buy the butt for a hundred bucks just want to make sure it was worth fooling with its straight on my lathe no noticeable dings just finish is about gone and wrap is dry rotted

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
renegadej said:

Sorry for the delay in responding. I received your e-mail too.

The PB 8's were production cues made for Palmer by Adam in the 1980's. They were quite popular so a lot were sold and they're decent playing cues. They only go for $300 to $400 in decent shape with a shaft or two.

Since the shafts have the same dash style two color matching ring, you will have to locate a matching used shaft or have a custom shaft made. It may or may not be worth the effort and cost depending on if you can locate a reasonable shaft.

Chris