Gus Szamboti on eBay

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
If it were me and my money, I would have the seller send the cue the Barry for papers. That is the only way I could see buying such a high end cue on Ebay.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Me too !!!
No way I would send he money first and without giving it to Barry on checking it first.
:smile:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Nice Cue

One shaft does not match it butt. That is for sure. The work resembles how Gus did things. I only see 6 threads though.
Nick :)

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
One shaft does not match it butt. That is for sure. The work resembles how Gus did things. I only see 6 threads though.
Nick :)

yeah i noticed that too.. the one shaft has different color rings and the insert is different.. also says in the description that they are original.. he probably didnt even realize it , or maybe he did..

chris

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Looks old enough to be a Gus Szamboti. What bothers me is that the shafts don't match. Inserts are different and rings are different. I think Barry Szamboti needs to verify this cue if it were my money.

Maq1679

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The cue defininety resembles Gus's work, it's nearly identical to his level 3 four window cue on page 775 of the blue book of cues, 3rd edition. I have seen many othe Gus cues that were identical. One of my main problems with the cue is the way the points and veneers are executed. In my opinion the work seems sloppy compared to Gus's work.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
IMO, it is a Gus cue with 1 shaft.

The second shaft isn't a Gus or Barry shaft.

I would recommend having Barry escrow and verify as part of the deal.

I would have Barry refinish it and make a second shaft too, if I bought it. But that is another argument that isn't relative to this discussion.

It isn't a big deal, and if you can get it reasonably priced, ($6000 or less) have Barry do the work and come out less that $7000 you have done well, IMO.

That case is rougher than two nights in jail, and makes me worry more about the cue than what value it brings.

JMO.

I wish you all the best of rolls,

Ken

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   1
MAYBE a gus forearm...
The pin doesn't look right,
the butt taper looks wrong, and the windows don't line up with the points"

Roadkill

Retired Pool Hustler
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The colors in the points look to me like they came from Gus's shop. The windows are also the correct shape and size.

Last edited: