Which chalk do you guys use?

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Noticed that a thread like this hasn't been made yet, curious to see what chalk you guys use!

Me personally, I've only used two kinds of chalk and that's Master Chalk and Predator Chalk. Given its value and brand, I chose Predator Chalk but finding chalk holders for this specific chalk is a pain in the ass. I'm looking for suggestions on what you guys would recommend. Heard some great things about Magic Chalk and Great White Chalk.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My "practice" chalk is blue triangle. If Im gambling or playing a tournament I use silver cup tour edition blue.
I prefer the triangle, but if Im in an important match I might eat too much of it, and my game goes down on a full stomach. Triangle is sooooooo tasty.

jordan23042000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My "practice" chalk is blue triangle. If Im gambling or playing a tournament I use silver cup tour edition blue.

I prefer the triangle, but if Im in an important match I might eat too much of it, and my game goes down on a full stomach. Triangle is sooooooo tasty.

Hell yeah son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordan23042000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like that blue diamond chalk but it's too expensive. I'm a compulsive chalker so I just use masters house chalk

oneover

Registered
I use Masters or what ever is there, the older the better for me.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After experimenting with different chalks I now only carry two kinds in my bag. Masters and Magic Chalk. Truth be told, Lava chalk was my favorite but was a little cloud and left too many dust particles on the table.

I use Masters chalk in practice, I use Magic chalk in serious play. The only problem is that chalking is part of my shot routine so I still need that tip chalking feel without actually chalking.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
for practice I use "blue diamond" but for play I use "great white".....the word in our pool hall is spreading on how good the great white chalk is from outsville (renfro)...it is round in shape but can be ordered with a magnet which helps. it is at least as good as kamui if not better and at a fraction of the cost. I chalk with it about one per rack! I like "nir" too, just haven't used it lately.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Magic Chalk. Works a little better than Masters, but it is so clean. I use Masters and in an Hour my hands are filthy. Use Magic Chalk all night and my hands are clean.

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magic Chalk. Works a little better than Masters, but it is so clean. I use Masters and in an Hour my hands are filthy. Use Magic Chalk all night and my hands are clean.

I thought my chalk was BD and I bought 4 cases. I tried one cube of Magic chalk its the best out there and I have tried them all.

thintowin

thin2win
Silver Member
masters is a quality chalk. i usually try to use what the locale provides for its customers, but if action is involved i will breakout the masters i keep in my case and place it on the table so my opponent may also use the same equipment as i will be using. for those that hoard, i usually place 2 cubes on the table; one for me and one for the hoarder.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I try to keep it simple when it comes to equipment. Masters is good enough for me. I always blame the indian when I miscue, not the chalk. Perhaps I am not a very discerning player when it come to equipment. I believe you play well when you grow accustomed to your equipment. I won a box of Magic Chalk a little while ago, and thank you RJ, but I could not tell the difference. As I said, I am not very discerning.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Noticed that a thread like this hasn't been made yet, curious to see what chalk you guys use!

Me personally, I've only used two kinds of chalk and that's Master Chalk and Predator Chalk. Given its value and brand, I chose Predator Chalk but finding chalk holders for this specific chalk is a pain in the ass. I'm looking for suggestions on what you guys would recommend. Heard some great things about Magic Chalk and Great White Chalk.

Predator and Kamui, I use them both at the same time.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once "what's that word called again?"

oh "Endorsed" by Calderon (I think, i don't remember anymore) but this is some old chalk with that stuff in it "wink" like the pre flagged masters. It works great for me and allows for several shots without miscues

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpg
    IMG_1781.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 341

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NI chose Predator Chalk but finding chalk holders for this specific chalk is a pain in the ass.

I really like the Predator chalk too. As for holders, any of the rubbery-plastic holders made for square chalk will work fine. The Predator chalk will squeeze in. I have gone through three of the Seyberts holders made specifically for the Predator chalk. The rubber pops off the retainer too easily.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really doesn't matter to me because I chalk before each shot.

FYI, a did a careful and thorough set of tests comparing many popular brands of chalk. All of the results and conclusions can be found here:

chalk comparison resource page

Enjoy,
Dave

From your results, everyone should be using Magic Chalk or they are taking the worst of it. The results were not even close.

Last edited:

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It really doesn't matter to me because I chalk before each shot.

FYI, a did a careful and thorough set of tests comparing many popular brands of chalk. All of the results and conclusions can be found here:

chalk comparison resource page

Enjoy,
Dave
Hi Dave,

I'm aware of the comparison video that you did as well as all the other great videos you've uploaded, thank you taking the time to contribute to the billiard community. Each and every single one of your videos are very well thought out and thoroughly explained.

Would you be making a new chalk comparison video soon? There have been a lot of new brands on the market lately that have received some good praise.

Regards,
Nelson
I try to keep it simple when it comes to equipment. Masters is good enough for me. I always blame the indian when I miscue, not the chalk. Perhaps I am not a very discerning player when it come to equipment. I believe you play well when you grow accustomed to your equipment. I won a box of Magic Chalk a little while ago, and thank you RJ, but I could not tell the difference. As I said, I am not very discerning.