Schmelke Cues

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
I just bought a Schmelke Break Cue, after shipping and handling it was 148.00. I looked at several at the BCA Nationals and none caught my eye. I bought this cue because I have heard nothing but good things about Schmelke on AZ and price.

When I get the cue in I will update and let everyone know how it hits.

Has anyone broke with a Schmelke Break Cue?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont have one of their dedicated breakers, but Schmelkes wood and craftsmanship is excellent. Their pricing boggles the mind when you look at other production cues.
I recently had 2 bacote fancy petes made for under 300 shipped, and Im very happy with their quality.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just bought a Schmelke Break Cue, after shipping and handling it was 148.00. I looked at several at the BCA Nationals and none caught my eye. I bought this cue because I have heard nothing but good things about Schmelke on AZ and price.

I have an 18.5 oz breaker. Only used it one night so far but it is a good stick. I opted for "joint 2" I think, 5/16 x 18 stainless and a 13.5mm tip. Billiard Warehouse has a lot of options.

Last edited:

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke makes a good cue. I have a wood to wood joint sneaky and it plays great, good workmanship. I break with it sometimes. it's OK.

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vintage Cue Available!

If anyone is interested, I happen to have one for trade (or sell).

Very heavy, but highly figured wood with unique wedge style inlay and center ring of matching dots.

(Shaft is straight and smooth, but is discolored & needs a ferrule) Better to have schmelke make a new one? :thumbup:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=401758

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've never seen anyone break with one, but I have seen someone go broke with one :grin:

ADAM HENSON

---🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟--
Silver Member
I dont have one of their dedicated breakers, but Schmelkes wood and craftsmanship is excellent. Their pricing boggles the mind when you look at other production cues.
I recently had 2 bacote fancy petes made for under 300 shipped, and Im very happy with their quality.

Those are good looking sneakies..:smile:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yeah, you can't go wrong with a Schmelke. And OB shafts fit pretty good on them if you are an LD type guy. They do the job, and don't break the bank. Look nice too.
They are the Toyota Camry of pool cues. Nice overall quality, there are LOTS of them in pool halls, and they are not expensive. Nobody is gonna run over and say WOW, but at the same time, it gets the job done, just like a Camry ;)

mojoatomic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really enjoy mine -
image_zps7dhot43h.jpg

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my dads Schemlke (from the late 70's or early 80's) that I play with at home. great cue. I will most likely be using it until my custom comes in next month.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Only problem I had with Schemlke was I ordered a Cocobolo j/b cue....It came and was a beautiful piece of Cocobolo wood..So pretty I wished I had a playing cue with that piece of wood...Broke really great...Nice feel.
But the Cocobolo was highly figured and when they cut the butt to make the joint for where it breaks apart for jumping, they put it back together and the figured design in the cocobolo didn't line up...It really stood out..Everyone noticed it...
I loved the cue expect for that...

Last edited:

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Broke well with my Schmelke last nite. I found that lighter was a little better for me, it's 18.5oz. I was never a power breaker, but it did the job last nite. My breaks were good enough that a couple of players asked to look at it, what brand etc...

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Broke well with my Schmelke last nite. I found that lighter was a little better for me, it's 18.5oz. I was never a power breaker, but it did the job last nite. My breaks were good enough that a couple of players asked to look at it, what brand etc...

Another DaveM that uses a Schmelke!?!?! :thumbup:

I had one of Schmelke's JB00 model break cues with a purple heart shaft and an identical maple shaft. Both had Samsara break tips and I loved the cue. Unfortunately, I sold it when I needed some extra cash. I would not hesitate to buy another.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only problem I had with Schemlke was I ordered a Cocobolo j/b cue....It came and was a beautiful piece of Cocobolo wood..So pretty I wished I had a playing cue with that piece of wood...Broke really great...Nice feel.
But the Cocobolo was highly figured and when they cut the butt to make the joint for where it breaks apart for jumping, they put it back together and the figured design in the cocobolo didn't line up...It really stood out..Everyone noticed it...
I loved the cue expect for that...

If you still have the cue, the jump joint should be able to be faced off on a lathe to get the grain to line back up. Doesnt take much.