2 reasons to be a gold member.... 2 CUES

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
So what benefit, other than winning cues do you like the most? Seems to be a good amount of ad revenue on this site for supporting the actual website. Just curious what you like, may be something I do.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
I AM A GOLD MEMBER AND PROUD TO BE ONE......:thumbup:
i won 2 cues in the last 45 days
BECAUSE I CAN ENTER THE AZB GOLD GOLDMINE
COME ON GUYS
IT'S NOT ALOT TO JOIN
HERE IS WHAT I WON
IF I SELL THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE WORTH I HAVE 10 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP.......:thumbup:
poison cue worth at least $185
http://www.ozonebilliards.com/poison-cues-vx3-series-yellow-vxstky.html
and jacoby hybrid JUMP CUE worth at least $125
http://www.ozonebilliards.com/luhyairhogju.html

And this is exactly why I didn't renew my membership!!

You shouldn't have the same winners in the same yr! It makes it look rigged!

And last time I checked, anything pool related usually was shady, one way or the other!

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Larry. There is not a lot of add revenue in pool period. I am a Gold Member simply to support the site that affords us all the opportunity to follow the game, learn, buy, sell and exchange view points. However, the increased negativity is really hurting the experience. Something for many to contemplate.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So what benefit, other than winning cues do you like the most? Seems to be a good amount of ad revenue on this site for supporting the actual website. Just curious what you like, may be something I do.

Congratulations Larry. There is not a lot of add revenue in pool period. I am a Gold Member simply to support the site that affords us all the opportunity to follow the game, learn, buy, sell ans exchange view points. However, the increased negativity is really hurting the experience. Something for many to contemplate.

phil answered your question
i enjoy what i get out of the site
and the nominal fee to contribute i think is more than fair
jmho
p.s thanks phil

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'm a Gold member just because I buy and sell on this site occasionally and AZB is such a great site!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Larry. There is not a lot of add revenue in pool period. I am a Gold Member simply to support the site that affords us all the opportunity to follow the game, learn, buy, sell and exchange view points. However, the increased negativity is really hurting the experience. Something for many to contemplate.

phil answered your question
i enjoy what i get out of the site
and the nominal fee to contribute i think is more than fair
jmho
p.s thanks phil

It's people like you guys that keep the forums alive and interesting. I'll gladly (well maybe) upgrade. How much and how to do it. I like to support anything I get pleasure from. So far I got a very good table tech and stroke instructor....and made a few friends here..... that is
priceless.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Click "User CP" at the top and at the left hand side go to paid subscriptions. It's under 5 dollars a month or you can pay 35 for the year. I don't care if I ever win a cue honestly. Information I've got from here and people I've met are well worth a lifetime of staying gold.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides the chance to win a prize (I actually did win once, an Accu-Stats full week long stream of the US Open a few years ago), there are benefits every day:

500 PM message space
Access to a player's tournament history since the beginning of the record (non-gold members can only see the most recent few years)
Probably some others that I forget now.

Those first two I personally use all the time.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I try to support this sport any way I can.

This is the largest pool site out there, they provide free streams, access to Billiard News issues via the Gold Mine, a place to interact with like minded people that love the sport. Oh, and you don't see any ads if you're a gold member. All for a small fee, seems very reasonable to me.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Reasons to be a Gold Member

These are the reasons I think of when considering Gold Membership.

Pool is fractured up enough given most of it is made up of Mom and Pop businesses trying to make it through a love of the game. Pool is not going to make anyone rich.

We are blessed with this much organization of all of us. Why would we not support one of the few things that has managed to bring us all around the same table?

A few dollars extra is a statement saying that you stand for something and I am proud to be a Gold Member.

When you consider the exposure and the enormity of what this website does, you have to marvel at what is being done here. That is something I can definitely support.

The people of pool are the power of pool, Can you imagine that if each one of us contributed a small bit to a fund for Pro Pool what could be done?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I became a Gold Member to support the site. I joined very shortly after it was offered. If I was a Gold Member because I wanted to win a cue or any other prize I would not have renewed my Gold Membership. I have seen some people win multiple times and people win less than a month after becoming a Gold Member. Dont get me wrong, I would love to win a cue but it seems as if I am not included in these give-away drawings, they also do not seem to be very consistent with the drawings. I may remember incorrectly but I thought the drawings were going to happen at the beginning of every month, it seems like there were maybe only 6 in the last year.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
When the "Gold Program" came about they offered a free key chain or something small (I don't remember). Paid for the Gold Membership and did not receive. Small item which is meaningless to me. That combined with the huge banner ads that everyone runs on their sig line flipped me over to not renewing.

It's a shame because I spend a lot of time here and throw more money away on my weekly coffee fix on what a membership costs.

It's a great site and I vacillate on whether I should re-join Gold status.

Jerry Forsyth

Reasons to go Gold.

I think the monthly prizes are not the reason for being a Gold member. My first reason would be that you can then view the vast library of National Billiard News that go all the way back to 1964. Reading about all the old players when they were in their prime is a lot of fun.

Another reason is you get to read all of the news and see all of the photos on the site. Gold members are not limited to the last five years of news and photos.

Finally, many of our readers see a benefit in supporting this encyclopedic history of the game. Where else can you see, year by year, the performance of the pros and read stories about them that were written about them way back when.

If you wish to join us, please click HERE

The monthly giveaways are a nice little plus. We have given away over $30,000 worth of cues, balls, racks, Accu-Stats streams, etc since we began I believe about three years ago.

You do not need to be Gold to be welcome here. We wish all of our visitors to enjoy their time here and come back often.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
You have to pay each year

How do I do this without an automatic renewal.

You have to reup each year or pay multiple years, its what $ 30 a year. I paid for two years last time, cause I don't want to have to think about it.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
May I ask How I can become a gold member?

Click "User CP" at the top and at the left hand side go to paid subscriptions. It's under 5 dollars a month or you can pay 35 for the year. I don't care if I ever win a cue honestly. Information I've got from here and people I've met are well worth a lifetime of staying gold.