AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cyclop Hyperion set arrived for my son and Kamui news

Mods please delete

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful immaculately maintained home table and cloth are far more impressive to me than the balls! The big numbered money balls look a little tacky, but as they are thrown in extra, you can't complain.
I'm not crazy about the cue ball with both circular and square shaped red spots on it.

Last edited:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful immaculately maintained home table and cloth are far more impressive to me than the balls! The big numbered money balls look a little tacky, but as they are thrown in extra, you can't complain. I'm not crazy about the cue ball with both circular and square shaped red spots on it.

I would never get a Diamond table ... or any table for myself, but for my son, I wanted what we considered the best and most desirable for him. We respect the table and equipment and do our best keeping it clean.

The replacement balls are definitely not for everyone, not sure if we will use them or just keep them as extras on display yet.

The cue ball definitely gets more action than the Aramith pro measle. But that may just be our stroke.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I wish I would have started playing at his age. Super cool set up and I actually dig that set. I may have to get some when my Aramiths are done.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice setup. It makes me happy to see you and your son have a great activity like pool to spend time together doing:)

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always wondered what was up with those 9 and 10 balls when I recently saw them in a stream. now I see it's just a dragon.

either way, hope your son enjoys them. cheers!

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before anyone makes a decision to purchase these..... I will be making an update. You need to know what the risk is first.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before anyone makes a decision to purchase these..... I will be making an update. You need to know what the risk is first.

What do you mean by “risk”?

Are you referring to the off-center areas? Or other issues you’ve seen?

Any chance you can take a few nice quality quick pics of the numerals with your iPhone and post up for us?

Thanks!

~ K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes the numbers / octagon being off center. Might just be my OCD side kicking in but I cant stand it.

I contacted Cyclop in China and theres nothing they will do about it. To them, it's normal and not considered a defect or quality issue.

Attachments

• 20181019_115612-1612x1209.jpg
    20181019_115612-1612x1209.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 646
  • 20181019_115617-1612x1209.jpg
    20181019_115617-1612x1209.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 641
  • 20181019_115620-1612x1209.jpg
    20181019_115620-1612x1209.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 663
  • 20181019_115624-1612x1209.jpg
    20181019_115624-1612x1209.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 641
  • 20181019_115629-1612x1209.jpg
    20181019_115629-1612x1209.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 639

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great pics - the details are obvious now.

And I agree with you, that with today’s top equipment and prices, precision in billiard ball manufacturing is the expected baseline - especially for someone like Cyclop purporting to offer the best equipment at premium prices.

I’m a bit shocked to see this actually.

Aramith certainly doesn’t have any issues with quality or precision manufacturing with any of their numerous price level ball sets beginning with the amazing Crown Standards up through the Tournaments.

Thank you for posting your thoughts and pics.

~ K.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great pics - the details are obvious now.

And I agree with you, that with today’s top equipment and prices, precision in billiard ball manufacturing is the expected baseline - especially for someone like Cyclop purporting to offer the best equipment at premium prices.

I’m a bit shocked to see this actually.

Aramith certainly doesn’t have any issues with quality or precision manufacturing with any of their numerous price level ball sets beginning with the amazing Crown Standards up through the Tournaments.

Thank you for posting your thoughts and pics.

~ K.
If you want the best of the best, in my opinion there is no choice but Brunswick Centennials! Only discussion could be the choice of cue ball to go along with them - the blue circle that comes with the Centennials or the very popular Aramith Pro Cup Measle ball.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have the brunswick..... but they are a little beat up. We'll still use this to practice for tournaments coming up using cyclop balls.... but will look for another Aramith set that we will use all the time.

Just disappointed now as Jin is asking me why they arent centered haha.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want the best of the best, in my opinion there is no choice but Brunswick Centennials! Only discussion could be the choice of cue ball to go along with them - the blue circle that comes with the Centennials or the very popular Aramith Pro Cup Measle ball.

Appreciate the recommendation, and yes, I have many sets of the beloved Brunswick Centennials......every set from inception up through a set made earlier this year actually. Every dart design change.

Having (nearly) every set of balls manufactured in the last few decades in my fully playable collection, however, I’d rate the Cents well below (any) of the Aramith sets - and yes, we all know Aramith makes the Cents for Brunswick - but the original Brunswick formulation is still being used - and they show their technological age very fast while in play. Another fact we all know but accept because we clean and polish them after a few hours of play They are a beautiful and “classic” ball design, instantly recognizable from 100’ and coveted by many, but there are (significantly) better balls out there to actually “play” with.

I know. I know. One man’s opinion. And I certainly respect and appreciate yours, sir.

I’ll even play with them

~K

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
That off center number would drive me insane, I'm not buying this, that's for sure. The cueball looks interesting though.

I've had plenty of time to play with Cyclop balls, since I often train with them on a Chinese 8 ball table. They're not too bad, but I much prefer Aramith.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Couldnt agree more. Cents with the Blue Circle ball or the measle ball is the perfect ball set IMO.

Tomster

Registered
I just bought a new table that came with Hyperion.

Two things:

The cue ball is pretty lively, to put it mildly!

Problem above with the centering was not present, they were centered as they should have been.

IMG_20181130_121929.jpg

IMG_20181130_121916.jpg

IMG_20181130_121939.jpg

IMG_20181130_121906.jpg

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Buffalo’s has two sets of Centennial Tournament balls. One set has two undersized balls. You can’t get these two balls to freeze tight in the rack. Not hardly the best of the best. I have also found the same problems with regular Centennials.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played a couple times with the Hyperions and they play pretty dam nice... no complaints at all. The offset #'s aren't an issue when playing, only looks bad in close up pics......