Sylvester "Sy" Brown

JohnWCCC

Registered
I recieved word the other day about the passing of my good friend Sy. Originally, from Trenton, NJ, Sy spent a great deal of time in Pittsburgh. We became good friends over the years. He was a tremendous talent at the table. I will miss watching him play. He had a keen sense of humor and kept a smile on my face. He was one of a very select few pool players that are welcome at my family gatherings or just to visit. Sy was genuine, I guess that is what I liked most. Now, he's gone, I wish him the best. He deserves it. God Bless.

Shane Jackson

Action Jackson Industries LLC
Silver Member
Sy

I recieved word the other day about the passing of my good friend Sy. Originally, from Trenton, NJ, Sy spent a great deal of time in Pittsburgh. We became good friends over the years. He was a tremendous talent at the table. I will miss watching him play. He had a keen sense of humor and kept a smile on my face. He was one of a very select few pool players that are welcome at my family gatherings or just to visit. Sy was genuine, I guess that is what I liked most. Now, he's gone, I wish him the best. He deserves it. God Bless.

Sy was the first pool player I ever met and a great guy. I molded myself to be like him on the table. A quiet gentleman who never caused a ruckus.

Ill miss that guy. Too many memories.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Very sad news!!! Sy won the seniors event at Super Billiards Expo and was a great player. Last time I saw him tangling with a great player from florida at Derby and he plays REAL good almost too good and he looked at me and said "I wanted to play and didn't care who he was" thats they type of guy he was. Very humble and extremely honorable!!! A true lose to AZB and the pool world.

img_2065.jpeg

KD
Michael Wilson

Last edited:

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Sy he was a good dude played him many many times on small tracks in Ohio. Always a gentleman at the table Godspeed Sy

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very sorry to hear that. I ran into him and had a chat with him at the Expo. That is too bad. He seemed a very nice guy. Sorry for the loss.

Bob

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Really sorry to hear about Sy passing. He was a real gentleman among a bunch of cutthroats! lol

First time I met Sy, he came into my poolroom, Beechmont Billiards, in Cincinnati. We had a small weekend tournament he showed up for a couple of day early. He asked me if I could steer him towards a game. I, of course, tried to get him in the box with my road partner Gary Spaeth. He was way too smart to go for that. We laughed about it and I got him a game with a local shortstop. I think they broke even and Sy asked me if I had any easier action. lol I suggested another local player by name and he balked and said "I think that's the guy who beat me about a year or 2 before at Michaels Billiards". I asked him what the guy looked like and he chuckled and said, "Hell, I don't know, You white guys all look alike". We all got a big chuckle over that one and it's what I first think about anytime Sy comes to mind.
RIP Sy! I'm glad I got to know you!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I talked to Sy last year at the expo and it is really sad news. He always carried himself like a gentleman and he will really be missed. He seems way too young to be gone so soon.

MsBushwhacker

Sy Brown

RIP Sy. Lord how I will miss him. Sy and I were very good friends.
We always kept each other laughing. I mean all day. Except when
we played one another. One of the best. I had his picture hanging
in my pool room for years. Just looking at it always made me smile.
Bushwhacker