Olhausen Side Pocket Fix?

Goldy

Beating The Internet
Silver Member
Is it me, or does the side pockets on Olhausen tables seem a bit to shallow? What have been some of the fixes to solve these problems?

1. Felt around side pocket tearing from balls slamming the slate
- Adding Felt Strip to slate?
- Routing slate "more rounded edge"

2. Balls hopping out of the side pocket with no reason
- Changing cushion cut to enable pocket liner tuck?

3. Wrong sized pocket liner?
- Are all pocket liners the same, just cutting slightly for side pocket?
- What is the proper modification to pocket liner for it to sit further
away from the slate? "or closer to table skirt"

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I'm assuming these are commercial style tables. I would suggust a during the recovery when the cloth is off, with sandpaper deburr and sharper edges of the slate. Secondly, I would try different pockets. It wouldn't hurt to call olhausen for any sugguestions either. I wouldn't try anything drastic.

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Olhausen manufacturing changes?

i am the very happy owner of a 25 year old Olhausen. I think it plays great. I stopped in to an Atlanta Olhausen dealers and looked at the tables. It appears to me that all the tables had "more parallel" pocket facings (not sure I'm using the correct terminology) and some but not all the tables had plywood not mdf slate liners. Anybody have details? Thanks!

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Side pockets

It is because of the way the table is designed. If you play a ball into the pocket with any speed it will bounce back into the slate, which causes the cloth to be cut. One of the reasons I don't like Olhausen.