Re:Cuetec R360 Cue

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shooter 08s advice seems reasonable. I bought one of the first r360 edge cue and they have improved the cue dramatically over the years. the cue doesn't mind heat or cold and always performs well. nice to have in your collection or your main player.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not believe Shane plays with one off the rack. If he does he is silly, he needs a Hatori Hanzo! Sp

According to interviews he actually does play an R-360 that's "off the rack".
He said they let him select any shaft he wanted and he tried several and picked a few.
But supposedly there's nothing special about them and the shafts he
selected would have gone to a lucky buyer had he not picked them.
Someone once said his cue was modified to fit his old shaft that he used when
he got used to playing his mom's cue as a teen, that very well may be
true but it's not on the 360's hes been using the most.
The all black and the all white.
As we all know he also breaks with his play cues too.
Which according to him causes him to have to change tips every 3 months or so.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to interviews he actually does play an R-360 that's "off the rack".
He said they let him select any shaft he wanted and he tried several and picked a few.
But supposedly there's nothing special about them and the shafts he
selected would have gone to a lucky buyer had he not picked them.
Someone once said his cue was modified to fit his old shaft that he used when
he got used to playing his mom's cue as a teen, that very well may be
true but it's not on the 360's hes been using the most.
The all black and the all white.
As we all know he also breaks with his play cues too.
Which according to him causes him to have to change tips every 3 months or so.
It looks like he has been shooting with a different cue the past few months- not the original all black model that he played with for years. That is the one I have.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I'll put my money on the Audi!:rolleyes:;)
etron-quattro.jpg

BAM :thumbup:

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've posted this elsewhere, too...

Solid cue, CER / CEV look stunning. Shaft is really really good with great feel and offers proper LD qualities.
Change tip (Everst OEM) after 2-3 months, use a proper medium as good balance.
And seal shaft properly before using it.

Couldn't recommend it more.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't seem to find an extension for sale online. I found a listing on amazon but it was out of stock

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
This is the way I look at it. I'll compare a pool cue to a guitar. If you don't know how to play guitar, it doesn't matter if you have a '57 Les Paul or a beat up copy. Sure, you can own one and look at it but you'll sound terrible trying to play it. It doesn't matter how incredible the guitar is, if you can't play, the quality of the instrument is irrelevant.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't seem to find an extension for sale online. I found a listing on amazon but it was out of stock

There was a patent issue, so they stopped selling them. The odd eBay listing had one, so I picked one up.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the way I look at it. I'll compare a pool cue to a guitar. If you don't know how to play guitar, it doesn't matter if you have a '57 Les Paul or a beat up copy. Sure, you can own one and look at it but you'll sound terrible trying to play it. It doesn't matter how incredible the guitar is, if you can't play, the quality of the instrument is irrelevant.

That's all fine and dandy but the matter of fact is that there is a
LOT bigger difference between a pro guitar and an amateur guitar.
Whereas with pool cues the difference is much closer.
As we know....most top players are playing cues up to about maybe 1500.
Earl's cue is...what....600?
Shane's cue, under 300.
All the Predator guys, everything under or about 1k.
Same with the OB folks.

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
That's all fine and dandy but the matter of fact is that there is a
LOT bigger difference between a pro guitar and an amateur guitar.
Whereas with pool cues the difference is much closer.

Not really, to tell you the truth…There's a big difference in a toy guitar than a pro guitar. Guitars, just like pool cues, they vary in price. A Epiphone (made by Gibson) Les Paul Standard can be bought for around $399 and a Gibson Les Paul for $899 or so. The difference is where it's made. the wood used and the internal componants, etc. Those are just entry level prices too, a '57 Gibson Les Paul can be worth hundreds of thousand depending on who owned it.

Basically, it comes down to this, the old phrase "It's the Indian, not the arrow!"

I could buy a Stradivarius violin or a $100.00 pawn shop violin, I'm going to sound awful on both. I don't know how to play the violin. Same goes for a pool cue. I could give my wife a South West Cue or a Lucky by McDermott and she's going to play terribly on both, because she doesn't KNOW how to play!

When I bought my 1st expensive cue, my buddy laughed at me. He took a mop handle off the mop head, handed it to me and said "here, shoot with this." You know what I did? I made balls! Because I know how to play.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right about Shane's cue. I asked him about the Cuetec cue he uses, and he told me it was right out of the box. I think he had a different ferrule put on the shaft.

I believe there was a very larger thread discussing just this awhile back. I think when it was all said and done it turned out the 360 SVB uses was infact a good Ole off the shelf stick ( shaft included ) that you, I, or anyone else can go right into their pro shop and buy the EXACT same thing. I'm with the " it's the Indian ....... camp - with a couple caveats. The shafts needs to be straight, needs to be an acceptable diameter ( as preferred by the shooter ), and a decent tip needs to be present. IMHO , if these conditions are met just about everyone can play just as well with any priced cue just as well as a multi-thousand dollar full on custom. As I just mentioned in another thread, I've always ( and still ) think a decent house cue ( smooth, straight, skinny diameter ) shaft along with a decent tip plays better than any custom cue out there - REGARDLESS of the cost, construction , or maker. So if a beater such as myself can accomplish this with some off the wall driftwood I have no problem what so ever believing SVB can use just about anything and perform at the highest levels with it or just about anything else!!!

Last edited:

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the way I look at it. I'll compare a pool cue to a guitar. If you don't know how to play guitar, it doesn't matter if you have a '57 Les Paul or a beat up copy.

Not sure why you would bring up such a bad example of a really bad guitar to a cue thread :p Because EVERYTHING about a 57 LP has gone wrong, scale has shrunk, proportions don't match, the worst hardware I've ever seen and let's say electronics (shielding, soldering) is NOT a forte of the USA back then and please don't forget the funky wound pickups that have no, absolutely NO, consistency in their winding, impedance nor capacity :p

A R360 on the other hand is a finely balance (price - performance) piece of production with decent looks, too. The next one will be as good as the current one.

@DrCue'sProtege: Not sure what am implex joint is. Cuetec is 3/8x14 steel.

Cheers,
M

Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does it matter?

The R360 in question by the OP has a stainless steel joint.

Cuetec has advertised some of its cues as having a stainless steel joint. But in fact they didn't, they had that implex joint. There's a difference. I'd like to know before I would consider buying a R360.

r/DCP