Scrimshaw Blackpearl....

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
Just want to share this two players, the cue was made for my fellow pinoy who loves collecting cues, nothing is fancy but all for the beauty of the woods itself.
The first cue is made from top grade amboyna burl in my stock in the forearm with 6 ebony points and turquoise inlays, ebony buttsleeve with turquoise diamond inlays, black lizard skin wrap, ivory joint and buttcap with tiger image scrimshaw

The second cue features a butterfly designs, when he visited my shop and see this two unfinished cues,

he like the design on the top and wants the same look with another wood to be used, so we came up with this, ebony forearm with 4 snakewood points with veneers and alternate with snakewood butterflies likewise to the buttsleeve, wrapless segmented handle snakewood and buckeye burl at the center with ebony butterflies alternate with buckeye burl butterflies, ivory joint and buttcap with dragon image scrimshaw.

Here it is:

Thanks for looking and more powers to all,
Al

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
That is some amazing work, Al. Thank you for sharing. Please post some close up pics of the scrimshaw.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
HOT DAMN those are good looking.

Get some macro photos! I want more!

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
Thanks you guys for all words, i will post some close up photo on it specially on the joint and buttcap on it.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Awesome work there Al! More pictures please and i'd love to see the scrimshaw in closeup too.

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its outstanding. Your butterflies are very good, too. Congratulation on a great job!

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Hi Al, beautiful cues! The scrimshaw is really great looking also. Who is the scrimshaw artist or is this some ink transfer process?

Great work!

--Jeff

blackpearlmaker

Caliper User......
Silver Member
Hi Al, beautiful cues! The scrimshaw is really great looking also. Who is the scrimshaw artist or is this some ink transfer process?

Great work!

--Jeff

Hello Jeff, The scrimshaw artist did it, is a good friend of mine, who is also a great tattoo artist. hope all is well and thanks for the words.

All the best