Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue and shaft reviews
Reload this Page Pechauer Black Ice break shaft review

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Pechauer Black Ice break shaft review
Old
  (#1)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Pechauer Black Ice break shaft review - 09-08-2018, 04:12 PM

1.) I had some money to burn.
2.) I like to have stuff delivered to my door.

So...not needing it but deciding to order it anyway, I got my Pechauer Black Ice break shaft delivered the other day. Observations:

1.) It should have been named Purple Rain as the shaft definitely has a purplish finish to it.
2.) It's heavy at 6.4 ounces.
3.) It's slicker than owl sh*t.
4.) It is nice wood and dead straight.

I ordered this shaft through Seybert's as it was on sale for $225. I had the tip exchanged for a Samsara break tip which ran the out-the-door cost to $244.

Benn breaking a lot of full racks and 9-ball racks with this 29" shaft for a couple of days now (I mated this shaft to a Custom Jacoby 31" butt). I am going to stop short of saying this is the best break shaft/break cue I have ever used...but it is certainly as good as anything I have broken racks with. Needless to say ball pocketing was very good, both full and 9-ball racks, and ball scattering was excellent. The forward balanced shaft took no time to adjust to and actually felt like I was delivering more power to the cue ball.

Not much more to say other than I'm glad I spent the $244 as opposed to having it burning a hole in my pocket. If you are looking for a good break shaft, I can certainly recommend this one.

https://www.seyberts.com/pechauer-bl...reak-14-thread

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Case: 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Last edited by Maniac; 09-08-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Old
  (#2)
BigBoof
AzB Silver Member
BigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-09-2018, 03:38 PM

I am considering one of these to mate with a radial pinned butt. Hesitant as I'm not sure if a radial pinned butt would work well for breaking.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoof View Post
I am considering one of these to mate with a radial pinned butt. Hesitant as I'm not sure if a radial pinned butt would work well for breaking.
Why wouldn't it? This is the one for you: https://www.seyberts.com/pechauer-ra...-ice-break-cue

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Case: 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Last edited by Maniac; 09-09-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Old
  (#4)
RiverCity
Chuck Fields
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoof View Post

Mike Gulyassy used radial pins in his Sledgehammer jump/breaks for years. No problems.

Im thinking about getting one of these for an old Sledgehammer I have.

You study the watch, but I study you.

Player: Pechauer 314-3
Breaker: Players
Case: JB Ultimate Rugged

Old
  (#5)
BigBoof
AzB Silver Member
BigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond repute

09-09-2018, 06:51 PM

Thanks guys. I hadn't heard of radial pins in break cues before. When I have money to burn, I'll hit "add to cart".

Old
  (#6)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2018, 09:29 PM

To add to this with my thoughts and a few pics I took. At the Dechaine vs Bustie event in Crow's Nest in NH I grabbed one of these shafts to try from Claiton Rocha. It went on the Predator IKON cue my son has with a uniloc pin and 1.7 oz of weight bolt.

Very forward weighted. It's a bit odd to hold actually like carrying a weeble that don't wobble upside down

Broke maybe 10 racks with it, felt solid, and the stoke of the break was smooth and felt I had power behind the hit. But I did not like how solid and dense it felt, I felt as if I made a tiny mistake in the stoke even a bit off center that I would miscue. Other break cues with plastic tips did not feel that way.

I liked the force of the hit, I liked the balance in the break once I got a few shots in, but did not quite like the feel of the hit.

Not for me but worth a try since it's so different. Someone else may really like it due to that.

Name:  20180916_195950.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  205.8 KB

Name:  20180916_195958.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  205.0 KB

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 09-18-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: