Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page Looking to purchase a cue.. J Pechauer Cues any good
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-10-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCutMaster View Post
Oh really? So unless i buy a Pechauer shaft it will not look flush up at the joint? That might be an issue because my thought was that once i buy a nice butt i can change the shafts out if I hate them as long as i get a popular joint thread/size etc. If that's the case that might rule out getting one of these.
If you are thinking production. Save yourself the agony, and go with Mezz.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#17)
Kimmo H.
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
And preferably with the United joint if you want to be able to use other manufacturers shafts on your cue. 5/16x14 shafts fit on the United joint butts and the joint diameter matches well with Predator shafts for example. The wavy joint Mezz cues are harder to use other than Mezz shafts on as the joint pin is proprietary to Mezz.
Sneaky petes (MSP serie), ZZ, MI and EC7 series all use the united joint if that helps with your search.
That said you may not even want to try another makers shaft after playing with the Mezz as their own shafts do play rather well

Mezz
- CP13SW-MD
- Kai / Pro R

Old
  (#18)
eihi
AzB Silver Member
eihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond reputeeihi has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2018, 10:16 PM

Kim has a pretty awesome thread on mezz shafts if you do decide to go that route.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=379036

I dont play with slow players nor do I associate with them.
-Unknown

Old
  (#19)
Menelaus10
AzB Silver Member
Menelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond reputeMenelaus10 has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2018, 07:08 AM

I've owned two Pechauer cues over the years, one with a phenolic joint & one with an ivory joint, both played very well. I also ordered a second shaft for the one, and the shaft was very well made. Pechauer's are nice cues pick the look you like, and can afford, and enjoy.

Old
  (#20)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

09-11-2018, 07:16 AM

It is not the Cue that makes the player or person sink balls, get position, runs racks. It is skill, and knowledge. How is your skill & knowledge?

JMHO

BTW a McDermott will work if you want a good quality stick, need nothing more.

IMHO

Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#21)
TheCutMaster
AzB Bronze Member
TheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2pac View Post
I'm not sure what exactly I am thinking just yet but mezz is definitely still in the running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eihi View Post
Kim has a pretty awesome thread on mezz shafts if you do decide to go that route.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=379036
Thanks for this, i will definitely take a look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelaus10 View Post
I've owned two Pechauer cues over the years, one with a phenolic joint & one with an ivory joint, both played very well. I also ordered a second shaft for the one, and the shaft was very well made. Pechauer's are nice cues pick the look you like, and can afford, and enjoy.
I'm assuming that you have had/currently have other cues that you play with how does your Pechauer stack up to those cues you still have that are in the same price range. Did you feel limited in or not happy in the end with Pechauer? Why did you end up getting rid of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
It is not the Cue that makes the player or person sink balls, get position, runs racks. It is skill, and knowledge. How is your skill & knowledge?

JMHO

BTW a McDermott will work if you want a good quality stick, need nothing more.

IMHO
You're 100000% correct about that. I have no grand expectations that buying an expensive still will do anything for my game except potentially make it worse if i don't choose the correct setup. That said i have been playing for around 15 years and shoot pretty decent. Used to play a lot more when i was in leagues but real life happens so no i play in mostly bars and house tables. My knowledge is decent but i have been working a lot of learning the diamond systems to improve my multi rail kicks as thats an area of the game i need to improve on.

I got the chance to hit a few (un chalked) McDermott cues at the shop but since they don't let you chalk them up its just kinda more if you like the feel and look of the cue.

Old
  (#22)
nj82tj
The dude abides.
nj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2018, 05:27 AM

You will not be disappointed with a Pechauer cue. If you are ordering from them directly, see if you can get a different joint pin than their speed joint. It will just open up options for you. I did see a nice Pechauer sneaky on FB somewhere with a Revo. It looked like brand new and was about $800. That being said, you are well within the range of some nice customs. I would look hard at a Diveney, if you can find one...But, you won't be disappointed with a Pechauer... Good luck!

58" SugarTree
8 Brunswick home table

Old
  (#23)
TheCutMaster
AzB Bronze Member
TheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheCutMaster has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj82tj View Post
You will not be disappointed with a Pechauer cue. If you are ordering from them directly, see if you can get a different joint pin than their speed joint. It will just open up options for you. I did see a nice Pechauer sneaky on FB somewhere with a Revo. It looked like brand new and was about $800. That being said, you are well within the range of some nice customs. I would look hard at a Diveney, if you can find one...But, you won't be disappointed with a Pechauer... Good luck!
all the ones i saw on the website seem to come with that speed joint. But from what others are saying their shafts are pretty well made as well so im hoping im ok. Thanks for the info!

Old
  (#24)
nj82tj
The dude abides.
nj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond reputenj82tj has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
all the ones i saw on the website seem to come with that speed joint. But from what others are saying their shafts are pretty well made as well so im hoping im ok. Thanks for the info!
Absolutely. You wont be disappointed. 👍

58" SugarTree
8 Brunswick home table

Old
  (#25)
TheCutMaster
AzB Bronze Member

09-18-2018, 09:23 AM

So after hours of looking at different cues i went with the Pechauer P16H with the pro + 12.75 shaft. It just arrived today and is even more striking in person then in the pictures! I can't wait to try it out tonight!!

Old
  (#26)
Coop1701
AzB Silver Member
Coop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
So after hours of looking at different cues i went with the Pechauer P16H with the pro + 12.75 shaft. It just arrived today and is even more striking in person then in the pictures! I can't wait to try it out tonight!!

Keep us posted on how you like it. I have not tried their cues. But I have tried some others, OB, Predator.., But I love my Mezz. If you get a chance to try one. Take it.

Hope.., is not a Tactic.

Old
  (#27)
nj82tj
The dude abides.

09-20-2018, 03:56 AM

Very nice choice! Pechauer + shafts are really nice too.

58" SugarTree
8 Brunswick home table

Old
  (#28)
Kimmo H.
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2018, 04:26 AM

Quote:

Now that is one pretty cue you got in the end

Please do let us know how it plays. The look department is definitely taken care of with that model and if it plays half as good as it looks then I think you chose well

Mezz
- CP13SW-MD
- Kai / Pro R

Old
  (#29)
ddg45
AzB Silver Member
ddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2018, 09:52 AM

Do you feel compelled to spend $700? Why? All the brands you mention start well below that, and their low-end cues play exactly like their $1000 cues, the only difference being the number in inlays and how exotic the woods used. Do you want to buy a cue made in the U.S? I love my Pechauer. If you look at their website it talks about how every component they use is made in-house. They even bought their own timberland so they could farm their own trees. Who else does that? QC is extremely high and you can choose their JP or Pro series, which are made in the same way but with different joints so JP is a little softer, Pro a little firmer hit and more expensive only due to the style of inlays and the exotic nature of the woods used. They do use their own joint though, so after-market options may be limited, however they do offer both standard solid maple and a low deflection laminated shaft. I've called them and they're also excellent people to work with. Stay away from Meucci as you will see a number of very negative comments about them on this site, with warpage, defects and poor customer service seemingly issues over recent years.

Playing cues: Pechauer JP-09N and OB-130 (custom made with an ebony stained handle instead of the linen wrap.) I like no-wrap cues
Retired: McDermott custom stained G230, Schmelke R065 sneaky Pete. All are better than I am but I fight the urge to buy more.

Old
  (#30)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

09-20-2018, 12:42 PM

good looking cue.
Enjoy.

Playng cue- Troy Downey
Back up cue - The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Still straighter than 90 % of all Meucci cues ever made
"Russian Magic Chalk- good enough to steal".

Russian Magic chalk is the nuts.
Its so good my last and only cube was stolen off the table when I went to the bath room.
They left my $1000 cue but stole my chalk, how strong is that?

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: