Good pool drills?

Gogafem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to know some effective pool drills... I mean I know many, but I'm not sure if they are effective ones... Any ones you could recommend? Advanced level and a few warm up-intermediate kind of ones please.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean not one - NOT EVEN ONE - person gave you help with your question about pool drills over the years???

r/DCP

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The OP was only around for two years. One of his last questions was whether he could put a 9-foot table in a room that is 10 feet wide. I hope he found answers that worked for him for all his questions.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And in case anyone is interested in the answer to the original question, I think in general the best are progressive practice drills. Among other advantages, a player can easily make his own such drills to work on his own problems.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
And in case anyone is interested in the answer to the original question, I think in general the best are progressive practice drills. Among other advantages, a player can easily make his own such drills to work on his own problems.
Bob probably doesn't want to blow his own horn, so I will: there are many progressive drills diagrammed on his SFBilliards website. You can get a downloadable pdf of them here: http://www.sfbilliards.com/Misc/progpract.pdf

pj
chgo

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
A fun one that players like:

For your hand, aim and eye, the real stroke test is pocketing a tough ball with a smooth as silk, gorgeous stroke. Home Again Pool Shot:

1. Stick one of your object balls somewhere near the foot spot, but not on it (the foot spot is the place where the head ball goes in the rack for breaking).

2. Stick your cue ball somewhere near the head spot (the head spot is where the cue ball would be directly opposite the foot spot symmetrically on the table, middle of the table between the middle diamonds on the short rails and first two diamonds along the long rails).

3. Next, you pocket the object ball in either far corner BUT your cue ball must come "home again" to the head of the table where you stroked from, rolling three or four rails.

If you try to over-aim the object ball, it might make the pocket but you'll fail to score the cue ball home again. Same for if you hit too hard, use spin except for center ball/no spin, etc. This is my stroke test for champions. Just a few of these get me warmed up for pool!