[8-Ball] What's the shot here?
Old
  (#1)
OPQ
AzB Bronze Member
OPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond reputeOPQ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

[8-Ball] What's the shot here? - 10-07-2012, 04:10 AM

This came up last night as we were playing scotch doubles with my teammates and as so often we had a minor argument about the correct shot:

I played position for the 4 to the upper right corner, succeeded, and we ran out. One of my teammates didn't like the shot and insisted that safety was clearly the only option. I did not want to give our opponents an opportunity on the table but I do see this is a great opportunity to make an easy safety.

What are your opinions?

http://pool.bz/P/?@3DWne1EJlA3HaSc2PEFy@

Last edited by OPQ; 10-07-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Old
  (#2)
thelmstetter
Tomcat
thelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond reputethelmstetter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-03-2013, 04:17 PM

If the safety if more difficult than taking the shot you should take the shot. The exception would be taking a shot that could lose the game but not win the game. One last (but important) consideration is how well you and your opponents play.

"I may give you what you want but I will never give you what you need"
"The only completely consistant people are dead"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: