Indyq? WTH!!??

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't say it's how I would do things, but Roy feels slighted and his website is his venue for airing the grievance.
My own interactions with Bryan were favorable, and others have reported the same. Anyone considering him for a future cue purchase should be able to search his name and find the good and bad reviews. After that, a phone call or email correspondence getting the other side will help make an informed decision.

Even though my BCM cue is great, I want to know things like this. Take out the personal attack parts and it at least tells me Bryan may have had some finish issues. Again, good to know in order to ask the right questions.

In short, I support the sharing of feedback but I think it could've been done better.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how the guy's marriage, child and divorce are relevant but it's Indyq's website, they can put whatever they want on there.

Not very tasteful though

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
It might be hard to sell a cue, when you put right in the listing that the maker's work is garbage.

I'll take all 3 for $100.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
He could just post it up on AZ Billiards like everybody else.
I don't see the difference, in fact it's the best of both worlds for us.
For instance, if those cues were for sale here, I wouldn't be able to comment that the
discounts aren't as deep as he says they are

dafish1970

LQQK OUT
Silver Member
It might be hard to sell a cue, when you put right in the listing that the maker's work is garbage.

I'll take all 3 for $100.

I'll go 150! Lol...cues look awesome to me....been wanting one of them for a long time.and now that he's not taking new orders...I'm bummed

Last edited:

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Roy is a loose cannon at best, but if he feels he was wronged to the tune of 6K, then he's doing the right thing by getting the word out,but, Mr. Roy, how many people do you think will read that...? 16?

It's kinda strange. I've bought a few cues from Roy over the last 15 years, and he can go off like a grenade at times, but if you call that a deep discount, you have flipped.

I sure would like to hear the other side of this story. Bryan has a pretty solid history, even if it's a short one.:confused: Something tells me there's more to this saga.

dafish1970

LQQK OUT
Silver Member
I've dealt with Roy and Bryan....
Roy=total crazy, douche (never again)
Bryan= class act (want to buy)
That's just my personal dealings

tjshaw02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how the guy's marriage, child and divorce are relevant but it's Indyq's website, they can put whatever they want on there.

Not very tasteful though

Attacking the man with his personal life was definitely a low blow in my opionion...

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
The VERY limited interaction i've had with Brian, has been very good, and I wasn't even buying a cue. I would suggest his cues as pretty darn good, and I would own one given the opportunity, though I do not right now.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't agree with what Roy did but it's his website and having dealt with Roy in the past (with no issues I might add) he is a man that marches to his own tune.

I've also had one dealing with Bryan (BCM cues) several years ago... at someone's recommendation I sent him a custom cue for a refinish/rewrap. All I can say is...I had to send the cue to another cue maker for a complete re-work.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Hearing about money taken and not refunded is troubling and should be put out there.

Hearing about personal matters don't really help anyone and hurt Roy the most.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the more important issue here is: who is that in your avatar?

I though that was Selma Hayek, but I guess it's not.

from-dusk-till-dawn-screencaps-salma-hayek-dusk-till-dawn-559141864.jpg