Breaking down 7' diamond table?

cbi1000

It is what it is...
Silver Member
Sooooo, I'm considering buying a 9' GC 4....

But,

At the moment I have a 7' Diamond ProAm I would need to move from my pool area within my house into my garage. I want to put the diamond there just in case I end up hating the big table and decide to sell it off an put the Diamond back.

Now my question, can the Diamond come apart enough so that I can move it without having to pay someone with a cart to move it?

thanks

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't answer your question, but how about you ask the installers for the GC to also move the Diamond? They will already be at your house, so maybe the additional price won't be as much otherwise.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We just moved a 9 footer with 6 guys and no cart.
It was in a home that could not accommodate a cart.
We purchased 2 sets of nylon webbing furniture lift straps (Shoulderdolly brand) that 2 people wear on their shoulder with a 6 inch strap between them. You lift with your legs. Then,2 guys at each end to help. Get 2 furniture dollies as well to move the slate and box.

It was heavy but doable. I hear the 9 foot slate is 800 pounds. Given that I would estimate a 7 foot slate is right around 650 pounds.

Last edited:

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
recently I moved mine with a cart I was told not to take slate off due to chance of slate being broken when out of its protective structure.
4 years ago I did take off slate due to location inside of basement.
I put it into pod stored for 4 months or so then carried into my walkout basement and reassembled then.
I swore after that experience never in basement except in a walkout !
I tried to get company to move it but they only use 2 man crews normally and wanted to take off slate and reassemble after moving it.

I have moved heavy switchgear and transformers before my retirement so I knew what to expect but still did not want to do it .
everything went great with five strong guys !
I was not going to scrimp with safety you can get someone hurt easy!!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Find someone with a cart made for diamonds or schedule diamond to come do it if time permits.

Otherwise, good luck and don't do anything you may regret later.

Rake