Help ID this cue

jayz2k

Registered
If you look at the first pic you'll notice a red leaf between the two inlays on the butt so I am assuming that this is a Dufferin cue. Although I must admit that my knowledge about vintage cues is extremely limited so I could be wrong.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure Dufferin did not make this cue.....I have seen them years ago.....
....low cost Asian repro...

The early Dufferin cues did have brass joints....it was still Dufferin Wood Patterns.
When the Selingers bought the company, they changed the joint to aluminum.

I hope you didn't invest too much.

jayz2k

Registered
Thanks for your reply. It's disappointing to know that this could be an Asian reproduction. But the cue itself looks and hits great. The wood definitely feels like Canadian hard maple with brass joints and a brass ferrule (wouldn't the Chinese have used cheaper materials?). I didn't spend a lot buying it but I am planning on refinishing the cue with a few modifications. I have a feeling that this has the potential of a good playing cue in the makings. Fingers crossed!!

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
The wood definitely feels like Canadian hard maple with brass joints and a brass ferrule (wouldn't the Chinese have used cheaper materials?).

maple does not cost much it's really cheap. neither does brass, it costs pretty much the same as a stainless steel joint.

Denae84

No, this is a tagger script, so it appears as one of the source options when you try to tag tracks from the web.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a 70's asian import to me.

$10-$20.

If you like it....priceless.

Ken

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
So I went ahead with my instincts and had the cue refinished. I replaced the tip (moori medium), ferrule (ivory), wrap (textured leather) and the rubber stopper. Here are the after pictures.

View attachment 299136

View attachment 299137

View attachment 299138

View attachment 299139

Nice. Still not a Duffrin. wrong joint. Probably a good thing. Nothing against Duffrin, almost every Canadian pool player over the age of 35 has owned one at some point, but they aren't really known for holding their value.

jayz2k

Registered
Everyone on that side of the border seem to think it's not a dufferin. Everyone on this side of the border (including the cue maker who refurnished the cue) seem to think it is a dufferin. All I know is that it's a good hitting cue that I plan on using but a part of me still wants to know the make and model so I know what to tell people when they ask me what kind of cue it is. Oh well..hopefully someone will come back with a positive ID.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with supergreenman, wrong joint...but enjoy the cue, hope the cue repair man took all the misses out of the cue for you. ;)