Canadians Qualifier #1 - 9 ball Saturday January 18

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Date: January 18
Doors open 2pm, tournament starting 230 sharp. NO phone ins
Race: staggered handicapped entry, game handicap.

I think with a staggered handicap tournament it may entice lower ranked players into playing these qualifiers. Handicaps will go from 5-12. These will NOT be based on your 404 handicap but based on your skill vs the other players in the room. IE the most skilled players will race to the highest number and go down from there.

Format:
9 ball
Rack your own
Race to 8 (adjusted) 9-5 is the biggest handicap anyone can be given.
No 9s on the break
Alternate break
Double elimination
Entry: $40
Payouts to be determined by number of entries (first 350 goes towards open 9 ball spot for Canadians, payouts will go down from there if available)
16 players maximum. May run a second board if the first board fills/players who are out want a second chance.

Tournament director sets handicaps. (That's me)
No assholes allowed (if you have to ask, don't even bother)
If you don't like the format, I will also be running non handicapped events, women's, 8 ball, 10 ball.
I expect these tournaments to get a wide variety of players. A good opportunity to get a spot in Canadians without having to pay the full entry or having to beat a previous Canadian champion to win your spot.
Both men and women are allowed to play the tournament. The winning spot will be for the appropriate divisions.

Big thank you in advance to Marty at The End Pocket for donating the table time.

Last edited:

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
date: January 18
doors open 2pm, tournament starting 230 sharp. No phone ins
race: Staggered handicapped entry, game handicap.

I think with a staggered handicap tournament it may entice lower ranked players into playing these qualifiers. Handicaps will go from 5-12. These will not be based on your 404 handicap but based on your skill vs the other players in the room. Ie the most skilled players will race to the highest number and go down from there.

Format:
9 ball
rack your own
race to 8 (adjusted) 9-5 is the biggest handicap anyone can be given.
No 9s on the break
alternate break
double elimination
entry: $40
payouts to be determined by number of entries (first 350 goes towards open 9 ball spot for canadians, payouts will go down from there if available)
16 players maximum. May run a second board if the first board fills/players who are out want a second chance.

Tournament director sets handicaps. (that's me)
no assholes allowed (if you have to ask, don't even bother)
if you don't like the format, i will also be running non handicapped events, women's, 8 ball, 10 ball.
I expect these tournaments to get a wide variety of players. A good opportunity to get a spot in canadians without having to pay the full entry or having to beat a previous canadian champion to win your spot.
Both men and women are allowed to play the tournament. The winning spot will be for the appropriate divisions.

no assholes allowd lol.

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I have a prior commitment and cannot attend. I did, however, want to thank you for putting your time and effort into this, Dan.

SteveC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank You

Dan - On behalf of CBSA I just want to THANK YOU for helping out in organizing events in your Province. I hope these will lead to bigger & more pool qualifiers in ON. If you have any questions or concerns please contact myself or John W.

Good job & all the best with the events.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the amateurs being held at Shooters? I heard a rumour it was being held in New Brunswick?

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the amateurs being held at Shooters? I heard a rumour it was being held in New Brunswick?

All amateur events are in New Brunswick. You heard correct.

I predict there will be a new venue for the preliminary part of Canadians and the final 8 are going to take place along side the CCS event at the delta meadowvale. There was also told an all around prize fund.

My main goal is to get a bunch of people qualified for Canadians. With the amateur being in NB, getting the funds to cover travel expenses is going to be tough. If I can run a $50 qualifier with 20 people, it may be close to send one person.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone even show up? How many players Dan?

Stop trying to cause issues. Don't be a douchebag.

I sent all the info to Andrew to post on the pool scene.

Without 12 players, it doesn't make any sense to pay a spot. There were not 12 players so it was a cash tournament.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stop trying to cause issues. Don't be a douchebag.

I sent all the info to Andrew to post on the pool scene.

Without 12 players, it doesn't make any sense to pay a spot. There were not 12 players so it was a cash tournament.

Sorry I just wanted to know. I was gonna come but you didn't reply to any of my messages. I was gonna bring a few people with me too but seems like you didn't want me to participate in the tournament via not replying to any of my messages. Thanks.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry I just wanted to know. I was gonna come but you didn't reply to any of my messages. I was gonna bring a few people with me too but seems like you didn't want me to participate in the tournament via not replying to any of my messages. Thanks.

The time and info was posted on here.

There were 3 people waiting at 2 when I got there.

1 - James Wicketts $160
2 - Onur Kavalcilar $80
3 - Chad Bishop

Handicaps were minimal. 7/6/5s only on Saturday.

10 ball is next. Not handicapped.