Derby Video 2014 with Commentary

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I recall someone even said he came there to keep the score and rack only to be able to watch smooooth Ruslan's stroke. With Blackjack commentary? Guys, you made my day!!!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
The amazing thing is that the most wide open table ended up being his last.

From what I can see this was a mentally draining run that finally got the best of him. Just goes to show you that even the easiest of shots demands full focus.

Thanks again !!
-Steve

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
The amazing thing is that the most wide open table ended up being his last.

From what I can see this was a mentally draining run that finally got the best of him. Just goes to show you that even the easiest of shots demands full focus.

Thanks again !!
-Steve

There was a lot of pressure, too. He did not discover the challenge until the last day. His countryman, Konstantin Stepanov had already qualified with a 140. At the time the eight spot was taken up by John Schmidt with a 103. Chinakhov hit a 99 and a 100, but could not quite get there and he was running out of time.

Lots of drama. Thorsten tried again and again and was knocking down 70s and 80s but stalled out at 97. Until Niels broke through with his 161, knocking John Schmidt out, he too was stalling at around 97. Nick Van Den Berg hit 99 and 98. Lots of guys knocking on the door that last day.

By the way, here are two more. Getting tired of doing new threads. My computer at home is working on a couple of Corey runs, too. Darren 122 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEPAIaQFQ8c

Jayson 112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gW9rGKx2V0

Last edited:

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I recall someone even said he came there to keep the score and rack only to be able to watch smooooth Ruslan's stroke. With Blackjack commentary? Guys, you made my day!!!

I was the scorer / stroke admirer. Just watching him now for a few minutes has inspired me all over again. To my basement pool table .....

By the way, the k in his name is silent (sort of guttural silent). That's why he chose to spell his name without the k for tournament purposes. I only know about the k because the first time I scored for him the name that was written on the sheet was Ruslan, which I know to be a first name, so I asked Stepanov what his last name was and he spelled it for me. Stepanov, of course, spelled it the right way so the cat - I mean the k - was out of the bag.