soon to be released OB jump / break?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed it has a low deflection ferrule. I was having a discussion on that the other day. Not really sure how well it would perform based on that conversation.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=476749

I am pretty sure they would have tested it before for this, what they probably did was to use the ferrule but keep the shaft standard. I'm going to send an email to them to see if they would send me a test unit, maybe we can do the same pass-around we did with the DigiCue thing.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pretty sure they would have tested it before for this, what they probably did was to use the ferrule but keep the shaft standard. I'm going to send an email to them to see if they would send me a test unit, maybe we can do the same pass-around we did with the DigiCue thing.

That would be great if they did... I'm sure Shane would probably agree to it.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not sure what pass around you did? I'm still relatively new, and hadn't seen that post when I was a guest.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what pass around you did? I'm still relatively new, and hadn't seen that post when I was a guest.

It was a few months ago, you are a bit too to get into it. They had a pre-release DigiCue Blue sent to some people as a beta test and for comments for features, how things worked, etc...

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know if this happens- I have a BK Rush you can test it out against down my neck of the woods for one of the Friday night tournaments at Ivory.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member

It says it’s a one piece shaft.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this looks sweet and priced right, anybody have further info on this one?

https://www.obcues.com/products/OB%2d18JB-Black-and-White-OB-Jump-Break-Cue.html

First off the black and white handle is gosh awful ugly looking. Then the modified pin is a joke. Just give me a regular pin so i can use it on something else if i want to. That special joint/pin combo these companies do irritates me to no end. It’s a slap in the face to prospective buyers.

They can keep it.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

Don't have one I can do a pass around on currently. The first batch of 100 of them are being built and will be shipping in the next 4 weeks. I will see if we can swing a pass around cue in the next few weeks.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
First off the black and white handle is gosh awful ugly looking. Then the modified pin is a joke. Just give me a regular pin so i can use it on something else if i want to. That special joint/pin combo these companies do irritates me to no end. It’s a slap in the face to prospective buyers.

They can keep it.

Matt,

Sorry you don't like the black and white. If you bought one, what color or colors would you like it to be? Maybe we can do a custom color for you?

Also, not sure I understand what you mean regarding the joint? Why do you think offering a modified 3/8x10 pin is a slap in the face to prospective buyers?

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt,

Sorry you don't like the black and white. If you bought one, what color or colors would you like it to be? Maybe we can do a custom color for you?

Also, not sure I understand what you mean regarding the joint? Why do you think offering a modified 3/8x10 pin is a slap in the face to prospective buyers?

Any single color. Go with a single color or colors on the whole thing. The 2 color thing looks like its pieced from a bin of miscellaneous parts.

That joint will hardly fit anything else you sell or is sold overall therefore will only likely fit one thing, that ugly butt.

And by the way I have an OB Lift Pro as my jump cue and love it, so I am not just bashing for the sake of bashing. I tried numerous jump cues and the Lift Pro is the best I have tried.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Any single color. Go with a single color or colors on the whole thing. The 2 color thing looks like its pieced from a bin of miscellaneous parts.

That joint will hardly fit anything else you sell or is sold overall therefore will only likely fit one thing, that ugly butt.

And by the way I have an OB Lift Pro as my jump cue and love it, so I am not just bashing for the sake of bashing. I tried numerous jump cues and the Lift Pro is the best I have tried.

Matt,

Thank you for the feedback. Our Rift Break Cue is all black so we decided to change it up a little with the two color jump break. However, if someone wants a custom color we will be happy to do it for them.

I think you may be mistaken regarding the joint. The joint on ALL of our playing cues and break cues cues is a modified 3/8x10 (including the new Jump Break). Any 3/8x10 shaft will fit on the modified joint of our cues.

Glad you like the Lift Pro!

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, both of our jump cues have low deflection wooden ferrules and both jump awesome. It is possible to build something that jumps with accuracy, as we have done it :)

https://www.obcues.com/categories/OB-Jump-Cues/

Not an experienced jumper by any means here, but I do question anything low deflection. I did note that it was just the ferrule. That being said, there is a big difference between the primary conversation I was having about a low deflection shaft, and just a low deflection ferrule. This cue, for me, would be a definitely fall in the "try it before you buy it" category.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt,

Thank you for the feedback. Our Rift Break Cue is all black so we decided to change it up a little with the two color jump break. However, if someone wants a custom color we will be happy to do it for them.

I think you may be mistaken regarding the joint. The joint on ALL of our playing cues and break cues cues is a modified 3/8x10 (including the new Jump Break). Any 3/8x10 shaft will fit on the modified joint of our cues.

Glad you like the Lift Pro!

Can I get Blue, White Silver version of a OB-173, or is it just the Break Cue that can be customized?

BTW -- I think the color of that jump/break is great.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so tell us more about this cue

You know what I want them to clarify? I want someone to explain to me why it is that the $250 cue can't cover warpage as part of their warranty, but my $100 Players JB5 jump and break cue does. And it looks a lot nicer too. Black on black, instead of white on black.