Issue With Video

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Google symbol on my phone now. But when I try and download the file after a little while it gives me an error message that the file cant be downloaded and I should try again later.

I did try a photograph and that seemed to work okay. Anybody know whats up here?

r/DCP

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 possible scenarios I can think of. One is a weak internet connection that times out. The other is the free Google drive has a capacity limitation, can't remember what it is. It's possible the file is bigger than the free Google drive will hold. So when it is uploading and reaches the limit, it stops. It would help to know the actual file size.

Now that you have a Google account, it is easy to set up a YouTube account as they are owned by Google. Upload it to YouTube and send the link to David.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or say F googledrive and install the Dropbox app on your iPhone. Another path for you go down ;)

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The results with Dropbox will be no different than Google drive. I've used both and prefer Google. I believe the free Dropbox account has a 5 gbyte storage limit.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just tried it again. Here is what the error message says:

Upload failed
Some items failed to upload to Drive and could not be shared. Please try again.

In the background there appears to be a red symbol and next to it says:
IMG.0904.MOV
No internet connection

Anybody?

Also, isuedtoberich says "Then at the bottom right of the screen will be "Save to Files. Click that.
I see nothing that says "Save to Files???

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap, tap, tap!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

And a waste of money and time... paying for flash drive and postage is going to set you back at least 10 bucks and not to mention the time it is in the mail...

Just upload that shit to drive or youtube... this is something that is free and done in hours at the most (in most cases, minutes) depending on your internet access speeds. Everyone should educated themselves in this process as it is not only a good way of sharing media with other people but also probably the best method of personal data backup right now. Cloud storage isn't "the future" anymore... not to mention, it's really not too hard to do.

http://bfy.tw/FoWX

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Just tried it again. Here is what the error message says:

Upload failed
Some items failed to upload to Drive and could not be shared. Please try again.

In the background there appears to be a red symbol and next to it says:
IMG.0904.MOV
No internet connection

Anybody?

Also, isuedtoberich says "Then at the bottom right of the screen will be "Save to Files. Click that.
I see nothing that says "Save to Files???

Simple solution.

Step 1. Unlock Phone
Step 2. Hand phone over to someone who is not a techno-peasant.
Step 3. Explain what you want to do and buy him a coffee
Step 4. Bring back coffee and he's done.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I finally got this uploaded. When I click on my Google Drive icon on the iPhone I can see the document. At this point how do I send it to someone?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple solution.

Step 1. Unlock Phone
Step 2. Hand phone over to someone who is not a techno-peasant.
Step 3. Explain what you want to do and buy him a coffee
Step 4. Bring back coffee and he's done.

"techno-peasant". Pretty good :grin:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could have been interesting to see how the right clicking on an iPhone would work out :eek:

LOL Forgot about that. So you click the 3 little dots or whatever is up there. He definitely didn't go about it like I would but if it finally worked, good learning experience.