Issue With Video

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to make a video to send to our old buddy Dave Sapolis for him to critique for me. I make about a 3-4 minute video and when I try and send it to my email address I get the error message...."File is over 100MB, Need to be connected to a Wi-Fi Network to send"......

What do I need to do to be able to send this file from my iPhone?

r/DCP

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I am trying to make a video to send to our old buddy Dave Sapolis for him to critique for me. I make about a 3-4 minute video and when I try and send it to my email address I get the error message...."File is over 100MB, Need to be connected to a Wi-Fi Network to send"......

r/DCP

Upload it to Google Drive and share it with him on there. Most email clients will not allow you to directly send such a large file.

Russ

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Upload it to Google Drive and share it with him on there. Most email clients will not allow you to directly send such a large file.

Russ

Upload it to Google Drive?
Share it with him there?

Can you explain further? I am computer illiterate and not up to speed on whats all out there.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Upload it to Google Drive?
Share it with him there?

Can you explain further? I am computer illiterate and not up to speed on whats all out there.

Come on now.... Computer illiteracy is no excuse when the whole internet is yours to command with a simple "How Do I .................." search.

But.. I did the search for you... "How do I share a file with Google Drive", and got the following result - https://www.wikihow.com/Share-a-Google-Drive-File

Beyond that, you have to just try. most computer illiteracy is simple a lack of trying to do things with computers. Most anything you could possibly want to do with computers has an easy "X" step explanation these days.

With pictures.

Always remember... Modern services on the internet are virtually dummy-proof. All you have to do is find the site and they will hold your hand through the rest.

Short Bus Russ

Last edited:

kor b

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look for the Google Drive symbol on your phone, then learn about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-30-23-31-30-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-30-23-31-30-1.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 411

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could also p upload to YouTube where you can make it private if you wish, then share the password. Google instructions for how to do that, quite easy.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
You could also save the whole video to a usb thumb drive and mail it to him. Ypu can buy thumb drives relatively cheaply at Best Buy or other big box retailers.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Not on my phone anywhere.......

(Waiting patiently for OP to realize the answer to this response is probably Googling "How do I install Google Drive on my phone")

DCP.... What? Are you wanting someone to fly out on a plane and share this video for you?

Are you going to make even a LITTLE effort, here?

Short Bus Russ

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d recommend uploading it to YouTube. No need for google drive. The tools are built right into iOS. From photos, hit the share button.

If you want to do some basic editing before uploading, download iMovie. It’s free and made by Apple. It also has built in sharing features to YouTube.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
You could upload to youtube and set the video as unlisted after it is uploaded. That way the only way a person can see it is if they have the direct link to it. It's all very self explanatory and on screen once logging in on youtube and uploading.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Put it on a stick and mail it.
Cheap and easy.

And a waste of money and time... paying for flash drive and postage is going to set you back at least 10 bucks and not to mention the time it is in the mail...

Just upload that shit to drive or youtube... this is something that is free and done in hours at the most (in most cases, minutes) depending on your internet access speeds. Everyone should educated themselves in this process as it is not only a good way of sharing media with other people but also probably the best method of personal data backup right now. Cloud storage isn't "the future" anymore... not to mention, it's really not too hard to do.

http://bfy.tw/FoWX

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Mike

Google Drive would be the best way - just keep in mind, if I cannot download the video - I cannot do much with it.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figured it out for you...

Go to the Apple App store, download Google Drive. If you have a google or youtube account, I think it will sign you in automatically (it did me, anyway).

Then, in your "Photos" app, open the video in question. At the bottom left of the screen will be the "share" button. It looks like a square with an up arrow. Click that.

Then at the bottom right of the screen will be "Save to Files". Click that.

One of the options on the next screen will be Google Drive. It will look like a triangle, and say "Drive". Select that, then click on "Add" on the top right of the screen.

It will take a while to upload. You might want to try the entire above procedure with a single still photograph, just to test that it works. Before trying a long ass video.

Good luck!

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Go to a place that has Wi-Fi and connect...if you don't already have a network at home. Another problem that might pop up is the email account you're sending to might not accept that large of a file, ask the recipient if that size file can be accepted.

r/DCP

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And a waste of money and time... paying for flash drive and postage is going to set you back at least 10 bucks and not to mention the time it is in the mail...

Just upload that shit to drive or youtube... this is something that is free and done in hours at the most (in most cases, minutes) depending on your internet access speeds. Everyone should educated themselves in this process as it is not only a good way of sharing media with other people but also probably the best method of personal data backup right now. Cloud storage isn't "the future" anymore... not to mention, it's really not too hard to do.

http://bfy.tw/FoWX
Your right Sin , I’m old and was trying to get a to b.
But just one other thought. I can text video files that I cannot e-mail. not sure on the allowed file size is but texting is very easy.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Dr Cue's Protege has an apple email account, it can send any file size up to 5GB. Apple has a built in FTP service called "Mail Drop" when using Apple's built in email program on either an iOS device or a Mac OSX computer. Blackjack will get a link to the file in his email. Then when he clicks on the link, he will be downloading the actual video file.

If you are sending from your phone, you definitely need to be connected to wi-fi and not your phone service. Apple requires this when sending large files so you don't use all of your allotted data for the month from your phone plan. There might be a way to turn that off, I forget off hand.

Good luck.