CJ Wiley...Great Player and even Greater Teacher of the Game

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was lucky enough to have been revealed the "touch of inside" playing system 3 or 4 years ago. CJ was just beginning to get back into pool, and I ran into him at a weekend tournament. After some conversation he was nice enough to explain to me many the TOI benefits and how he used it for years against the top players in the world with success that is undeniable. I began to fool around with it and had some immediate success. He guided me through it by explaining to me exactly how to "tweak" it a bit in order to accommodate my particular style of play.

CJ also helped me immensely on the mental attitude of pool. His experiences in the martial arts helped him to understand exactly how we think in pressure situations and how we can deal with these feelings and channel them into positive results.

He communicates the ideas in a brilliant way. He is a great instructor and is always there to answer a quick question for me regarding any of his practices. His success and knowledge of the game is undeniable. A lesson with CJ opened me up to a whole new "pool galaxy" and allowed me to improve at an exceptional rate.

I plan on heading to CJ's pool headquarters to do a follow up and soak up some more information. It's really fun when you learn how to make the game easier and see improvements. Some people talk about it and some do their talking with their cue stick! CJ's pool resume is phenomenal.

Here is a link to CJ site in order to learn more. Check it out and improve your game and save yourself ALOT of TIME!

http://www.thegameistheteacher.com/

Last edited:

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
CJ has had a huge influence on my game over the past 5 months.

Using his TOI method has improved my game at a quicker rate than anything I've come across. I've had lots of question along the way and he's been there to answer them all.

I'm really looking forward to getting to Dallas this fall and spend a weekend learning from a top notch professional.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
going through your area in two weeks,

CJ has had a huge influence on my game over the past 5 months.

Using his TOI method has improved my game at a quicker rate than anything I've come across. I've had lots of question along the way and he's been there to answer them all.

I'm really looking forward to getting to Dallas this fall and spend a weekend learning from a top notch professional.

I'm going through your area in two weeks, let me know if you want me to stop through and give you guys some "discipline".

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pool Season is right around the corner, it's time to get the road atlas out and dust

I was lucky enough to have been revealed the "touch of inside" playing system 3 or 4 years ago. CJ was just beginning to get back into pool, and I ran into him at a weekend tournament. After some conversation he was nice enough to explain to me many the TOI benefits and how he used it for years against the top players in the world with success that is undeniable. I began to fool around with it and had some immediate success. He guided me through it by explaining to me exactly how to "tweak" it a bit in order to accommodate my particular style of play.

CJ also helped me immensely on the mental attitude of pool. His experiences in the martial arts helped him to understand exactly how we think in pressure situations and how we can deal with these feelings and channel them into positive results.

He communicates the ideas in a brilliant way. He is a great instructor and is always there to answer a quick question for me regarding any of his practices. His success and knowledge of the game is undeniable. A lesson with CJ opened me up to a whole new "pool galaxy" and allowed me to improve at an exceptional rate.

I plan on heading to CJ's pool headquarters to do a follow up and soak up some more information. It's really fun when you learn how to make the game easier and see improvements. Some people talk about it and some do their talking with their cue stick! CJ's pool resume is phenomenal.

Here is a link to CJ site in order to learn more. Check it out and improve your game and save yourself ALOT of TIME!

Thanks Bud, it's' about time to head this way for some "sparring matches". :D Pool Season is right around the corner, it's time to get the road atlas out and dust it off.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would quit playing pool entirely if I had to play any other way

It was great seeing you again in Mo. Sounds like you're getting your TOI back in order, you sounded a bit down about your game. I would quit playing pool entirely if I had to play any other way......"once you go toi, you can't go back". ;)

Keep it up bud.....the game is our teacher.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I appreciate everyone's input and will use constructive criticism to improve

Yes, I appreciate this review and in return I'd like to give away a FREE DVD to the first 10 people to comment (in this thread) on any of my DVDs (good or bad I'll still send you a free DVD:)) I appreciate everyone's input and will use constructive criticism to improve my {instructional} Game. 'The Game is the Teacher'

PM me your name and address and I'll drop your complementary DVD in the mail asap.
(choose one from TOI, Ultimate Pool Secrets, Inside Secrets, and TIP Banking Secrets)

Great review!

Chrippa

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your aiming systems are useful and the approach to the shots are understandable

However,

I would like to have you start a sequence of training programs that start with the very basic player.

I have shown some of your TOI shots and had my young Boys and Girls Club kids practice them, but if there was a 'FROM the BEGINNING' coaching and teaching program, I think that a complete system would be easier for the younger players to pick up on and embrace.

I have looked and owned many of your vhs and dvds, but haven't seen a 'from the beginning series to intermediate practices.

If you have these ,I would love to acquire them to start a program to teach the new and younger players that I work with quite a bit.

I will send you a PM for you to send me any dvd or tapes that you feel would help in this venture.

You offered a free choice of DVD of yours to be sent out for the feedback, but I will leave it up to you if you have a specific dvd or group that you feel would help out with a basic, beginning aiming ad shooting system that can be shown and implemented with kids and younger, inexperienced Pool Players and Begginers that I want to get interested and build the passion for this great game that you have.

Thanks

Mike Kennedy 'acedonkeyace'
7100 Ulmerton Road LOT# 136
Largo, Florida 33771
Phone# 727 277 9853

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm putting my 'Ultimate Pool Secrets' and the 'Billiard Inside Secrets' in the mail

I apologize, just had a chance to read this post.

I'm putting my 'Ultimate Pool Secrets' and the 'Billiard Inside Secrets' in the mail to you today. The TOI and the TIP Banking Secrets are advanced, directed at intermediate and advanced players (you have to be able to hit the cue ball consistently).

Best Wishes, I also signed the DVDs for your kids to watch and hopefully enjoy.

Play Well,

CJ Wiley
www.cjwiley.com

However,

I would like to have you start a sequence of training programs that start with the very basic player.

I have shown some of your TOI shots and had my young Boys and Girls Club kids practice them, but if there was a 'FROM the BEGINNING' coaching and teaching program, I think that a complete system would be easier for the younger players to pick up on and embrace.

I have looked and owned many of your vhs and dvds, but haven't seen a 'from the beginning series to intermediate practices.

If you have these ,I would love to acquire them to start a program to teach the new and younger players that I work with quite a bit.

I will send you a PM for you to send me any dvd or tapes that you feel would help in this venture.

You offered a free choice of DVD of yours to be sent out for the feedback, but I will leave it up to you if you have a specific dvd or group that you feel would help out with a basic, beginning aiming ad shooting system that can be shown and implemented with kids and younger, inexperienced Pool Players and Begginers that I want to get interested and build the passion for this great game that you have.

Thanks

Mike Kennedy 'acedonkeyace'
7100 Ulmerton Road LOT# 136
Largo, Florida 33771
Phone# 727 277 9853

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I just used Touch of Inside to get me to the Championship Match in my Individual in House 8 ball Money League.

I had messed up setting up on the 8 when the Cue Ball kissed a ball on the way out from a corner pocket. I was left with a very thin cut back into the other corner. I used TOI to send it right into the middle.

TOI is great, especially on the longer thin cuts. TOI takes the apprehension out of what might normally be a tough shot, as it gives you a prescribed method. You just line it up Center to Center of in this case Center to Edge & give it that Touch of Inside & Accelerate & watch the ball go into the pocket. And...the sound of it going dead center can put a bit of fear into many an opponent.

I've watched the TIPS banking method & I am using it as well.

CJ is a former World Champion & has a Champion's insights & methods.

I would recommend what CJ teaches to anyone & I wish I had known about his methods back when I was a young man. Anyone, young or old or in between, that has the good mechanics of a reasonably straight stroke can benefit from CJ's information.

I only wish I had the info when I was young.

I certainly thank CJ for the help he has given me & for all that he is sharing.

For anyone that wants to get a leg up with their game, I'd suggest getting a hold of at least some aspect of what CJ has to offer in his DVDs.

Best Wishes to Everyone & Shoot Well,
Rick

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
it's a privilege to be able to share this knowledge with the world of pool.

This information was not available when either one of us was young. I was fortunate to learn it from watching Vernon Elliot, Omaha John, Weldon Rogers and Mike Lebron, then formatting it so it's "user friendly"......it's a privilege to be able to share this knowledge with the world of pool.

Glad you like the techniques and play well in 2015, Rick.

Aloha

I just used Touch of Inside to get me to the Championship Match in my Individual in House 8 ball Money League.

I had messed up setting up on the 8 when the Cue Ball kissed a ball on the way out from a corner pocket. I was left with a very thin cut back into the other corner. I used TOI to send it right into the middle.

TOI is great, especially on the longer thin cuts. TOI takes the apprehension out of what might normally be a tough shot, as it gives you a prescribed method. You just line it up Center to Center of in this case Center to Edge & give it that Touch of Inside & Accelerate & watch the ball go into the pocket. And...the sound of it going dead center can put a bit of fear into many an opponent.

I've watched the TIPS banking method & I am using it as well.

CJ is a former World Champion & has a Champion's insights & methods.

I would recommend what CJ teaches to anyone & I wish I had known about his methods back when I was a young man. Anyone, young or old or in between, that has the good mechanics of a reasonably straight stroke can benefit from CJ's information.

I only wish I had the info when I was young.

I certainly thank CJ for the help he has given me & for all that he is sharing.

For anyone that wants to get s leg up with their game, I'd suggest getting a hold of at least some aspect of what CJ has to offer in his DVDs.

Best Wishes to Everyone & Shoot Well,
Rick

skipbales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CD package

I appreciate that you take your time to participate and help people in this forum. As a result I just went to your website and bought your 4 cd package. If you ever plan to pass through the Phoenix area please let me know. I would love to have a lesson or attend a class or ...

Skip

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alfie Taylor also lives in Tuscon so I have many reasons to visit your area

Thank you very much, Skip, and I will be sure to let you know. I enjoy Arizona, and have been to Sedona on vacation several times.

I may be driving to Vegas, so maybe I can coordinate something, there's several in that area that have ask the same question. One of my good friends, Alfie Taylor also lives in Tuscon so I have many reasons to visit in the next couple of months.

Best Regards, and I how you enjoy the DVDs my friend.

Ma-halo

I appreciate that you take your time to participate and help people in this forum. As a result I just went to your website and bought your 4 cd package. If you ever plan to pass through the Phoenix area please let me know. I would love to have a lesson or attend a class or ...

Skip

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
coming through Phoenix later next month

Skip

I am planning on coming through Phoenix later next month. PM me you info and I"ll let you know more as the time gets closer.

skipbales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
attempting to confirm training day with CJ

I'm going through your area in two weeks, let me know if you want me to stop through and give you guys some "discipline".

I tentatively scheduled a 1 day training session with CJ in Phoenix as he was to be traveling to Las Vegas. We didn't have a specific date, just towards the end of this month. In an attempt to firm up a specific date time and place, I have sent PMs, email and left voice mail but have not heard back from CJ.

I am starting to wonder if he is OK. I am sure he must have friends who know him better than I do. Any word that he is traveling or ill or ??:confused: