Celebration of life for Royce Bunnell of OB Cues is this Sunday 12/13/15

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Important Reminder: The celebration of life for Royce is this Sunday at 12pm at The Billiard Den in Richardson, Texas. At the Celebration of Life we will also have a 9-Ball Pool/Benefit Tournament and Silent & Live Auctions.

If you would like to donate any items for the Auctions, we would welcome any type of items, goods, services, food, etc., Please contact Monica Anderson at manderson@obcues.com or call OB Cues at 972-578-9100 for questions or inquiries.

If you wish to make a monetary donation, you can send directly via PayPal to Mary Bunnell at bunnellmary@gmail.com

Please also check out http://royce.obcues.com/ which is a very nice website set up in Royce's honor by his friend Carl Pearson.

mandersotx

"Show Me the Moni"
Silver Member
Royce Bunnell Celebration of Life

Hope to see all my friends, pool buddies and family members from all over to extend their respects and hugs to the Bunnell family.

There will be live auction, silent auction, 9-ball tournament, break and run contest, food and drinks, plus sharing of awesome Royce memories, meeting his family and celebrations just like he would like us to have.

See you all at The Billiard Den, in Richardson, Texas on Sunday, December 13th at Noon.

Royce left us way too soon. We will see him again on the other side.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Royce Bunnell celebration of Life

I cannot be there in person - but am definitely there in spirit. Gods speed Royce - RIP.

Gone but not forgotten

Mark Griffin

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there. Sporting my Helmstetter cue and OB shaft

Shane, will you have any Rift's there for sale? I'd like to try a few of different weights. I need to replace my $15 break cue.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

Shane, will you have any Rift's there for sale? I'd like to try a few of different weights. I need to replace my $15 break cue.

Jeff,

Look forward to seeing you there.

We will not have any Break Cues there for sale as we do not want to detract from the fund raising event for Royce's family. There will be a BUNCH of items there that have been donated, cues, cases and accessories that will be sold via silent and live auctions with 100% of the money going to Mary Bunnell.

There will be a break contest during the event and anyone that enters it must use Royce's personal OB Rift Break cue (you can pick which of his shafts you want to use, control break or speed break) so at the very least, you will get to try out the cue.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member

Jeff,

On second thought, we will donate an OB Rift no wrap with a control and speed shaft and an OB Rift rubber grip with a control and speed shaft to the auctions. So if you like the cue which you can try out in the break contest then you can bid on one of the cues and all of the money will go to Mary Bunnell.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Jeff,

On second thought, we will donate an OB Rift no wrap with a control and speed shaft and an OB Rift rubber grip with a control and speed shaft to the auctions. So if you like the cue which you can try out in the break contest then you can bid on one of the cues and all of the money will go to Mary Bunnell.

Now that is a true marketing director at work! Good job.

Just wanted to do a last min. bump. In case some locals hadn't seen this yet.

Larry

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Extraordinary

I travel business circles and it is exceptionally RARE that you meet people with passion and zeal for their product coupled with Character. With just one brief interaction with Royce, and I knew I had just met an extraordinary person.

This raises the question of whether OB is making a "Tribute" shaft in Royce's honor. Are there any plans for such? I ask b/c I am in the market for an OB Pro after the holidays and thought it would be great to have a shaft like that in his honor.

Continued thoughts & prayers for family, friends ,and business.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce was a great man and his memorial service we very well done. I'd like to thank everyone that helped make this event happen.

My intention was to enter the memorial 9-ball tournament, which was scheduled to start at 1pm. The Billiard Den opened at noon. At 12:10pm, while I was driving over, a buddy texted me "there are only 64 spots, and 55 have filled!'. By the time I walked in the doors at 12:14pm, the tournament had filled several minutes earlier. The Billiard Den was packed, which is a testament to Royce and the impression he made on so many people.

So I was exiled off to the bar boxes to shoot a few games with a buddy. Eventually I joined the auction action.

Mike Dechaine and John Barton were in attendance. I got to speak in excess with both.

In my opinion, the prize lot in the auction was a pair of 2015 Mosconi Cup jerseys. The USA jersey was worn by Mike Dechaine on Day 4, and was signed by all five USA players. It had authentic chalk smears on the front which appeared to be Masters chalk, Sky Blue color. They were auctioned off as a pair. I bid on them but it was obvious that Don Owen, the "O" of OB cues, wanted them and he won the auction with a $2500 bid. I spoke with him later and he explained he and the OB crew wanted to frame these two jerseys and display them in the OB office. Although I lost in the bid I felt very gratified the jerseys will have a good home any many players will have the opportunity to see them.

For several hours Mike played challenge matches with players. He was cheerful and encouraging with every player. A professional and a gentleman.

Later in the auction, I bid and won an OB Rift break cue. Previous to that I had entered the break contest, which allowed a player to break three times with a Rift break cue and add up their aggregate balls-on-break total, in 9ball. Sinking 2 balls, 2 balls, and 3 balls, I was sold on the Rift break cue. Along with the deal was a break lesson from Mike Dechaine. That was an awesome experience!

-Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0589 (1).jpg
    IMG_0589 (1).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Oh man, I've been tied to this hospital bed for over 5-weeks, haven't been doing much reading & watching.
My friend Doug just gave this news about Royce.

My condolences to Royce's friends, family, and all of the fine people at OB Cues

Peace
Ted

Joe T

I put this on facebook and should have posted it here also but it is definitely NOT too late and I have few spots still available. Good opportunity to improve your game and help someone at the same time. You could also make a Christmas gift out of it if you like, I would just need the person's name and email address. So chance to gift, help and improve all in one crack.

Royce was a great guy that helped many of us become better people simply by being himself. Every time you got to spend some time with him you would often come away smarter and most likely a little nicer than you were before.

I would like 10 people to donate $50 to Royce’s family. In return I will give you a membership to my new site JoeTucker.net. Membership is usually $8 a month for 12 months ($96) and you receive immediate access to;
Racking Secrets 1 Video
Racking Secrets II with Breaking Secrets Video
Aiming by the Numbers Workout with Videos & Ebook
Guaranteed Improvement Ebook with Video
90 Minute Rail Workout Videos & 3rd Eye Stroke Trainer

This is the minimum you will receive in 2016. I am in the process of being able to add new instructional videos on a weekly basis as a free bonus to members.

100% of your donation will be going to Royce’s family.
You can reach me here or email JTtenball@gmail.com
Thank you in advance.
And Royce, Thank you, for being you!

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
We are playing at our state tournament. I saw a man standing behind us watching the match. I got the feeling of Royce being him. I sure miss the man.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
We are playing at our state tournament. I saw a man standing behind us watching the match. I got the feeling of Royce being him. I sure miss the man.

I hear one of the trophy's has Royce's name on it. Going to the top male finisher who plays in scotch doubles, singles, and teams at the Texas BCAPL State Championship. Amazing tribute!

One for Emma Stewart Davis (who passed in August), as well, for the women.

Attachments

• 9015_1170229802995450_7819960428067557080_n.jpg
    9015_1170229802995450_7819960428067557080_n.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 144