Silver Member
If so, what's recommended?

Petroleum, graphite, paraffin, etc?

If not, leave it alone?

Thanks.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Take it up to the nearest Jiffy Lube and ask for the full-service :eek:. If asked which brand you prefer, tell 'em Pennzoil :thumbup:!!!

Maniac

sfmc-x1

I Sell Out.
Silver Member
Take it up to the nearest Jiffy Lube and ask for the full-service :eek:. If asked which brand you prefer, tell 'em Pennzoil :thumbup:!!!

Maniac

Nice one dip-stick.:angry:

Maybe while I'm at it I can have them Armor All the bumper!:cool:

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I could be mistaken, but I think Ray once told me to use a little Vaseline if necessary. I haven't found it necessary.

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may want to put this in the ask the cue maker section. I think you would find your answer there.

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
Take a white crayon and brush it along the pin threads. Thread together a few times and brush any excess off the threads.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
use ur nose oil, works well and is free, if that doesnt work a little wax gets it done

Ditto.........nose..........also works fine on light bulb threads, ever notice how the bulbs get frozen in the socket, unless its slightly oiled?

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I responded earlier that I thought Ray recommended Vaseline. But I now think I remember him recommending something else - it sounds nutty, but I think he recommended Alberto VO-5. This would have been in the early '80's probably, and he may have changed his mind after that. He may also have suggested that as something that might be around the house so you wouldn't have to buy any special lube.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
I agree that human oil is the best. You only need a tiny, tiny bit...wipe your finger in the crease of your nostril, or the top of your forehead, and swipe that finger agross the threads, again on the other side of the thread. It's always there and works great.
:p