Pool on TV Alert: 2014 Women's Tournament of Champions

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
OB Cues are the official cues of the 2014 Women's Tournament of Champions which airs for the first time this Sunday, December 7th, from 3-6pm EST on ESPN2 in HD.

The 1st Semi-final at 3:00pm EST will feature Kelly Fisher vs. Karen Corr and the 2nd Semi-final at 4:00pm EST will feature OB Pro Team member Allison Fisher vs. Ga-Young Kim. The Final will then be shown at 5:00pm EST.

Please watch (or record) this event on Sunday and also try to encourage as many of your friends as you can to watch. We will continue to sponsor pool on TV as long as we continue to have the support of you, the fans!

Also, I respectfully ask that if you already know the result, please do not post it in this thread as it will ruin it for those that plan to watch on Sunday that don't know the outcome.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just set the DVR. I believe the dvr statistics are now used more than their Nielson ratings by the corporations so having more billiards DVR'ed would be helpful for sure.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the tip! Would not mind taking a break from football watching to see some of this :)

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dvr set, thanks for letting us know........................................

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starting now...record it if you can or watch it all...get those view numbers up to espn so maybe one day poker can be on espn 3 and pool will be permanent on the main stations.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like pool is shat on once again...espn has preempted first hour women's world nine ball championship on espn 2 with "controversy" of Baylor being left out of college football playoffs. They have it on espn news and espn 2 at same time. This shows how sad they view pool.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks like pool is shat on once again...espn has preempted first hour women's world nine ball championship on espn 2 with "controversy" of Baylor being left out of college football playoffs. They have it on espn news and espn 2 at same time. This shows how sad they view pool.

Perhaps they are just delaying it a bit; we'll see. The schedule I see is for 6 hours of poker after the pool, starting at 6PM. Would they dare "push" 6 hrs of poker to show 3 hours of pool?

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
the text below says it can be watched at 5 est :boring2:

EDIT: its on now

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I right, this is two sets, race to 4, with a single game tie breaker? Seems like a ridiculous format to me. Why not just play three sets. Single game tie break is crazy.

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I right, this is two sets, race to 4, with a single game tie breaker? Seems like a ridiculous format to me. Why not just play three sets. Single game tie break is crazy.
Not enough time for all that pool in an hour broadcast.