Draggin a$$ across the carpet!

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I saw a dog do this exact thing all the way across a light-colored carpet on a Stanley Steemer carpet cleaner commercial I thought it was one of the most effective ads ever yikes :eek: LOL

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_2068.JPG
    IMG_2068.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2066.jpg
    IMG_2066.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 111

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I hate to see people use the carpet to clean the chalk off tips.
Just the other day I heard Donald Trump say "throw the son's a *****es out of the pool
room"...so my days of using the carpet to clean the chalk off tips while standing are over.

I wonder what those carpet chalkers do when there isn't any carpet.
For instance Table Steaks used to have hardwood floors.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
I never saw this practice of wiping chalk off of a pool cue tip until I moved to California. (circa 2003) Still see it done almost daily.

The consequence of this is finally putting the cue tip into a fresh little puddle of beer, soda or coffee and immediately putting the shaft into the case. The next time the case us open feel very fortunate the smell of old leather stench isn't present. :wink:

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pc is such a b-otch!!

Well, I admit I have been doing this for more than 30 years in every pool room I have been to. Have seen many many people do the same and never heard a word from anyone about it.

I don't try to grind the tip into the carpet, just knock the dust off. I would never do that in someone's house, but in a commercial hall where you pay to play I
Don't really think it's a big deal. If someone ever said anything I
Would certainly quit the habit.

Thanks for the education. Dr S

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Have you never heard of napkins or paper towels? It never occurred to me to ever wipe my tip across a filthy pool hall floor. It has nothing to do with the floor and more to do with not wanting to get my tip dirty. I have never seen anyone do this before and this sounds to me like a dumb thing to do. Just one man's opinion.

Agreed for your reason and for respecting others' property.

Here's a way that offers an extra benefit:

Fold a washcloth in half and then thirds. It will fit in the top of your cue case. When closed, it secures your cues from damage and can be used to wipe off the tip when done playing.

Jeff Livingston

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m going to need a list of Billiard Etiquette or I may get in trouble.

I do wipe my cue tip on the floor at the local sports bar. I try to avoid the big stains and the gum. I would never do this at someone’s home or a at nice room. It’s sounds like the consensus of the group is that I should stop.

I once beat a player who was much better than I because I did not place the chalk facing up after each use. It drove him crazy. I tried to to comply with his request but after 40 years of doing it wrong I had a hard time changing gears.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member

I do wipe my cue tip on the floor at the local sports bar. I try to avoid the big stains and the gum. I would never do this at someone’s home or a at nice room. It’s sounds like the consensus of the group is that I should stop.

I once beat a player who was much better than I because I did not place the chalk facing up after each use. It drove him crazy. I tried to to comply with his request but after 40 years of doing it wrong I had a hard time changing gears.

Arghhh, cant can't stand ppl who put chalk upside down on the table.

Knock it off!

You put more chalk on the rails than you do the floor by rubbing your tip on it.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was in a gin mill in the 90's and asked the bartender for an ashtray. He said I'm standing in it.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An old timer told me that he used to play in a room where the owner actually had squares of carpet tacked to the walls around the room for that specific reason. I thought that was a great idea.
I clean my tips and shafts with a damp paper towel and then a microfiber cloth before putting them back in my case.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

When it comes to chalk, think like a pilot...
...if the blue side aint up, you be in a lotta trouble..

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lotta people said it:
You put more chalk on the rails than you do the floor by rubbing your tip on it.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Certainly not if you measure by the concentration levels o the affected areas...which is the actually relevant measure.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
I didn't even know this was a "thing" until I read this thread. I've never seen anyone at any of the places I play do this before.